VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
Does anyone know if there are any loop holes around changing the taxation class fromLGV to PLG.......................Reason being, an irritating old lady with nothing better to do with her life is making my man and van life quite difficult!! As part of my lease she has made me aware I am unable to park my van on my drive as it is an LGV classed vehicle! Any help will be greatly appreciated
BoydT:

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
This is not unheard of and can be part of the deeds of the house or leasehold.

Growing up my Dad had two Westies which he parked side by side on the driveway with no objections. He then decided to buy a bigger Coachbuilt motor caravan and a neighbour kicked up (after 25 years or so) because it resembled a luton van. Checking the deeds confirmed that Caravans and Vans were not allowed (neither were hedges but other people grew hedges and and parked vans and caravans on their driveways).

Meanwhile, I was still able to park the remaining Westy (I bought one from my Dad) on the drive, whilst my Dad parked the Coachbuilt on the road in front of the offending neighbour's house (and there was nothing he could do about that)...

One last thing, double check whether your T4/T5 is actually LGV and not Diesel Car (DC on the tax disc) or Petrol Car (PC) - if it is a Camper you could try changing it to PLG as others have done successfully.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts