VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if it is possible to obtain and fit a drivers seat from a LHD T5, as a replacement for a Double passanger seat in a RHD T5?:*

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Would it not have the hand brake assembly on or you mean just the seat ? why not just fit a passenger captins seat?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I must admit I hadnt thought about the handbrake. I was just seeing what options are available to upgrade the front passenger seat from double to captains.

So far it does seem to be an expensive upgrade, and quite difficult to source. 2015 T5.1 Highline

·
140 DSG Shuttle SE full Camper
2,759 Posts
Does anyone know if it is possible to obtain and fit a drivers seat from a LHD T5, as a replacement for a Double passanger seat in a RHD T5?:*
Yes, I had to buy one from Poland to get what I wanted, the handbrake bracket is on the base which doesn't come with the seat, but if you do get a LHD drivers base just cut the bracket off.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Fitting the LHD seat base is no problem, I paid £40 for mine off Fleabay, the seat itself is another matter, I know the seatbelt point would need changing over if you use a RHD drivers seat, I did some research to see if that was even possible at the time of buying my LHD base but TBH got a bargain pair of seats so didn't bother pursuing it. The price of LHD drivers seats was no cheaper if I remember right as everyone was after them, good luck T:

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
HI, a LHD and RHD single front seats are the same, there is no difference in the seats, apart from a driver becomes the passenger and passenger becomes the drivers!, the only diffrence is the base as stated there is a Handbrake braket on the LHD Base witch indeed is very easy to remove with a bit of DIY skill and a drill, 90% of the base's are like this in the UK market , good luck with your seat convertion. T:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts