VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know whether you can get limo glass (not tint film) for a T4 Caravelle ? All the rear windows and tailgate.

Currently got tints which I was very happy with but I have just started to notice a very slight 'silvering' around the edges were the little painted spots are on the original glass. I am guessing that the tint is coming away slightly in these areas. Only been fitted a couple of months as well so i will probably pay the fitter a visit and no doubt end uop having an arument !!

Just curious to know because I cant find anybody on the web other than for panel van glass with limo tint.

Garf

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
Does anybody know whether you can get limo glass (not tint film) for a T4 Caravelle ? All the rear windows and tailgate.

Currently got tints which I was very happy with but I have just started to notice a very slight 'silvering' around the edges were the little painted spots are on the original glass. I am guessing that the tint is coming away slightly in these areas. Only been fitted a couple of months as well so i will probably pay the fitter a visit and no doubt end uop having an arument !!

Just curious to know because I cant find anybody on the web other than for panel van glass with limo tint.

Garf
You will find that if you use your thumb and run it round the edge of the film this should cure the silvering. Best to do it on a hot day as this heats the adhesive T:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers both, I think I will try the thumb trick first ! The thought of approaching VW for a cost send shivers down my spine .....even if it is just curiosity at the moment.

MdR, nice bus mate. In comparison mine is rather more utilitarian...... no leccy anything except the starter motor and horn and the seats aint quite so nice .......still love her though:)
Garf

·
Registered
728 Posts

Garf
its really really hard to not get the silver around there cos obviously the small spots are raised my mate used to tint windows and he said he used to put permenant marker in the area before he put the film on same thing happens around kyte mark too

1 - 5 of 5 Posts