VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Problem with a friends van, its a 2.5tdi on Irish plates had it about a year and tried all sorts to stop it dropping into limp mode. I have just taken it for a drive and can get it to do it every time under load/full throttle. There seems to be a number of things at play. For starters there seems to be a diesel knock which would suggest pump timing although the owner says someone in st agnes timed it all and it was fine... I think she has been told fibs as there is clearly a knock and it cuffs smoke. It has not been tuned. If you continue driving on limp mode it limits the revs to about 1500 and regardless of dropping the clutch and hitting the throttle nothing happens it just stays at exactly the same revs just above tick over even if you are stopped and in neutral. also after about 30 seconds the coil light starts flashing. You would think it would throw up codes but according to my reader there are none stored. My code reader is a OBDII so that shouldn't be an issue. I can get some live data from it so I guess the port is working. I also disconnected the MAF to see if it made any difference - it didn't but oddly the owner had done this as the last effort to cure the problem about a year ago and has been living with it since - im going to try fitting mine to see if it makes a difference.

This is a head scratcher but hoping one of you is a little wiser or heard this scenario before :*

Cheers in advance for any help guys and gals :ILU:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Limp mode every time under load

Well not a bad 3 hours work - stopped the van dropping into limp mode - need to just sort the diesel pump timing now and should be a winner... :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts