VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: I drove through a large puddle a while ago and the van went into limp mode when restsrted. Code 17964 negative deveation in pressure. So i,v changed all vacume pipesand no better so just put new n75 valve on cleared the code. Was ok until got it into 5th on motorway and back into limp mode and code is back. Any one got an idea what could be up with it. O its a 2.5 102 T4. cheers.:(

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Re: LIMP MODE

Negative deviation normally means the MAF sensor and the Boost pressure sensor readings do not correlate.

Negative deviation means you have a Maf reading that is normal and a low boost pressure.

Could you have a split intake hose or Intercooler split etc..

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
Re:LIMP MODE

Waterlogged air filter or as above waterlogged/damaged maf is my suggestion. New style wings with the vnts have a tendancy to draw in water, no such problems with my old girl! Good luck getting it sorted bud :ILU:

·
Premium Member
348 Posts

Good call mate looked at wire loom from bulk head to ecu and found two wires rubbed through a bit so fixed them. Took van out and it had less power than before so took blank off egr vavle and turbo pulls better from 2500 rpm.Any ideas what else i can try to get rid of this 17964 code. Thanks all.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts

Boost Pressure negative deviation.

Looks like you may a problem with either the turbo, wastegate, pipework or N75

Still sounds like over/under boost. Have a good look at your wastegate, Actuator and connecting pipework.

Open up measuring blocks - click up the group numbers till you get boost pressure and Expected pressure - click on log then start

go for a spin!!!

·
Premium Member
348 Posts

Right had block 11 on its the nearest thing i could find. Cal pressure 1081.2 Act pressure1009.8 12.8% Then when in limp mode reading was same apart from 68.1%. i dont know what that means.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts

Had it on means block 11 started it but when i have a look at saved data it says not running even when i,v been for drive.What is duty cycle 12.1 % then in limp mode it,s 68%.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts