VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do people get there little magnets of ebay?
if soo which ones are they. there are millions of types and i dunno which is best.

just want to sew them into the hem of my window covers.
cheers

·
Registered
613 Posts
AliB,

I've used the little round velco pads. Self adhesive and they stick to the back of curtains no problem. Two or Three along the bottom edge of the curtain holds it against the windows, doesn't need a metal surface to stick to (lining right into window surround),stops them flapping about and won't scratch the paint where there is metal.

Think they were a 'Scotch' product.

Roors

·
Literally, white van man
4,072 Posts
Hi,
I have no connection with the site but you could get the 'selection' pack of magnets and try each to see which suit your needs, I got one of the packs and just need to sort out how to fasten the selected magnet to the curtains,
Link below (I hope)
http://www.first4magnets.com/index.asp
ChrisT:

·
Registered
649 Posts
I think they are called "earth magnets" search on ebay. I got some about the size of a new 5p piece. They do work very well.

About 6 quid for 20 ish as i recall.

Smokey.

·
Registered
450 Posts

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Earth Magnets are un believably strong...

and very cheap....we used to use them at work for holding work sheets onto racking..great when you had a sheet of A4 to assist you getting them off the metal..a real sod without!!:eek:

·
Registered
596 Posts
I bought some magnets for my curtains from Magneticlife on eBay. (Note: Their eBay shop is currently closed until 6th August.)

I initially bought

50 NEODYMIUM 10X4mm (RARE EARTH NdFeB) MAGNETS MAGIC
Item Number 400036015282 4.95 GBP

but I didn't think that they would be strong enough to hold my curtains up as I had carpet all around my windows.

I then bought

20 NEODYMIUM (NdFeB RARE EARTH) MAGNETS 25X5mm MAGIC
Item Number 400016520843 20.00 GBP

these are really strong and I use them at the top of the curtains to hold them up, and use the smaller ones to hold the curtains in

Regards

Trevor

·
Registered
659 Posts
I tried a couple of different ones but the best ones were 12mm dia x 6mm thick and they work a treat through the carpet, I used about 8 per window for my side windows, you could use thinner ones if you dont have carpet on the window surrounds, I even used them to hold the panel on my bed base, pics on my blog of curtains and panel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts