VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
15,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is boss.

Totally unscripted and spontaneous.

Okay, it's not technically a real flash mob because it wasn't planned, but it was better than that. A spontaneous moment of singing, dancing, joy and laughter.

The day before I shot this video I was speaking to a girl from Brooklyn who'd moved to Liverpool a few years ago. I asked her if she missed New York. She said she didn't, that Liverpool was her favourite place. I got the same answer when I met a guy from Latvia last year. He'd lived in New York, Berlin and Amsterdam. But he preferred Liverpool. Sometimes we take things for granted. Then you stumble upon a magical moment like this and it all makes sense.

This was Saturday night after the Grand National as many people were returning to the city from the race course. As they came through the barriers they were greeted by musical duo The Rag-Tag Misfits who were performing a brilliant cover of Stereophonics classic 'Dakota (You Made Me Feel Like the One).' I can't think of too many places where so many strangers would come together like this. It wasn't just racegoers either who joined in the fun. What a city !

·
Registered
15,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Love it!! Liverpool..the friendliest and greatest city in the UK! T:
It's deffo high up there la! T:

I've got mates I know from the pubs by ours.
French people. That live in Amsterdam.
They just come over here for a laugh. T:

It is boss. I love it me.

Newcastle is high on my list.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I know Newcastle and visit often. know a great secret spot to camp up in the city centre and some places I know you would enjoy.

T:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Nice to see merseyrail's entertainment committee out on the lash
T:

·
Registered
15,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know Newcastle and visit often. know a great secret spot to camp up in the city centre and some places I know you would enjoy.

T:
Sound! T:
Geordies are boss.
I had an Uncle from Biker. He's dead now like.
But I've always had a soft spot for the accent.

I have a mate round hear I bevvie with who is a Geordie.
I always ask him "is that w'our Ouzo man?"
"Nah ..... that's w'our majito man woman man!"

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
This brought a real smile to my face. Lovely city, lovely people. Roll on summer, we need some good times.

T:T:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ha ha, we are the buskers in it and what a magical moment this was, we're currently saving our pennies for a transporter to travel across Europe. Randomly looking at the VW vans etc and came across this, a classic moment of which we were made up to be part of, didnt expect it to be in a VW forum, absolutely classic, love, peace, music and VW xxx

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Ha ha, we are the buskers in it and what a magical moment this was, we're currently saving our pennies for a transporter to travel across Europe. Randomly looking at the VW vans etc and came across this, a classic moment of which we were made up to be part of, didnt expect it to be in a VW forum, absolutely classic, love, peace, music and VW xxx
nice one.

good luck with both the van and the tour.

peace, love and thanks for the smiles....T:

·
Registered
15,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Is right!!!

Superb that you made it here. Made up. T:

I play cajon and sing in a band me.
So it was really great to see.
I'm only off lark lane. Pop over if you wanna talk vans.

I hope yuz took a few squid anyway! :ILU:

Love and peace x :)

·
Registered
6,007 Posts

Quality stuff!!A:A:A:

Our company did all the silver cladding in there (ceiling & walls) & I've not seen it properly (we never do when it's finished).

·
Registered
580 Posts
I love this.

I love the fact that it happened in the first place, and I especially love the fact that Rag Tag Misfits found it on here while looking for van info.

Epic feelgood stuff. Happy damn Friday, everyone!! T:

PS- do you think some of those people might have been drinking, though? :D

·
Registered
15,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I love this.

I love the fact that it happened in the first place, and I especially love the fact that Rag Tag Misfits found it on here while looking for van info.

Epic feelgood stuff. Happy damn Friday, everyone!! T:

PS- do you think some of those people might have been drinking, though? :D
Yes. They might of had a bevvie. :cheers

·
Registered
205 Posts
Quality stuff!!A:A:A:

Our company did all the silver cladding in there (ceiling & walls) & I've not seen it properly (we never do when it's finished).
Top hall is quality, we wired it (networkrail) but all the white cladding on platforms came from South Africa :eek:

Seen this clip on tinternet, it is boss T:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts