VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the longest amount of time you have stayed in your van?
The most continuous nights you have slept in it?
Why, where, would you do it again?

Iam not planning on a long haul, just interested in peoples experiences... Unless the missus is planning on booting me out soon!

[/IMG]

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
9 years in a truck sleeper cab:*,was allowed home at weekends for washing to be done:D
only spend my day in one now,allowed home every night now..............i miss it!;)

·
Registered
844 Posts
Not in our van, but we did 13 weeks in NZ in a Nissan Small (converted mini mini bus). Did have 1 night in a Hotel (as a treat after 7 weeks) and 2 nights at a friends. Luckily the weather was good all the time, very cold at times but so little rain. :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
I regularly spend upward of a month in my T4 around Europe surfing. I split from my Ex and left the house broke with 2 surfboard, van and....... well that was it. I Spent 2 months driving around cornwall and Devon, using public toilets and beach side showers, absolutely loved it and ended up living in a house at the last place I stayed:) The van still eyes the house up jealously!! lol would do it again at the drop of a hat. The sense of freedom was unbelievable:ILU:

·
Registered
865 Posts
I regularly spend upward of a month in my T4 around Europe surfing. I split from my Ex and left the house broke with 2 surfboard, van and....... well that was it. I Spent 2 months driving around cornwall and Devon, using public toilets and beach side showers, absolutely loved it and ended up living in a house at the last place I stayed:) The van still eyes the house up jealously!! lol would do it again at the drop of a hat. The sense of freedom was unbelievable:ILU:
Epic T: I stay in my van quite a lot during the warmer months, This year I'm looking forward to 'wild camping'

·
Meithered to death
2,859 Posts
Six months in my T4 when i moved to Cornwall from 1st may until 30th october when i moved into a caravan,it felt like a mansion in comparison to the T4.Caravan did me well until i moved into my 400 year old cottage 2 years later.

·
Premium Member
6,095 Posts
3 months in a bay window panel van
6 months in a 1966 splitscreen
6 months in a 1965 vw kempherink
3 months in bedford midi in new zealand
3 months in bedford midi in oz
5 weeks in T4
And so far 8 months in RV
Think i got some gypsie blood in me love the idea of home is where you park it. T:

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
3 months in a bay window panel van
6 months in a 1966 splitscreen
6 months in a 1965 vw kempherink
3 months in bedford midi in new zealand
3 months in bedford midi in oz
5 weeks in T4
And so far 8 months in RV
Think i got some gypsie blood in me love the idea of home is where you park it. T:
Envious T: Living in an Rv must rock!!! :cool:

·
Registered
543 Posts
did 61 nights in the van last yr between march and oct. 21 in a row was the longest stretch around the brittany coast... mixture of campsites/ aires/ car parks and lay-byes... good showers, french toilets, beach showers and the sea.....(to wash in...)

roll on the summer..... been eyeing up a propex to keep the wife happy and extend the season....

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I regularly spend upward of a month in my T4 around Europe surfing. I split from my Ex and left the house broke with 2 surfboard, van and....... well that was it. I Spent 2 months driving around cornwall and Devon, using public toilets and beach side showers, absolutely loved it ...
Hats off to you fella- sounds like heaven to me!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts