VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondered if its possible to leave the van at the campsite and cycle to Saunton beach but with a 15 month old and dog in tow don't fancy cycling along saunton road! Anyone know of an alternative to using the main road to get from Lobb fields campsite to the beach?

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Wondered if its possible to leave the van at the campsite and cycle to Saunton beach but with a 15 month old and dog in tow don't fancy cycling along saunton road! Anyone know of an alternative to using the main road to get from Lobb fields campsite to the beach?
don't think its poss mate, thats what i wanted to do with the dog in tow as well, when we was Mikey weekend. Think you can walk down the road opposite the lobbs entrance them walk down via the dunes path but i asked and no one seamed to think it was poss

·
Premium Member
6,095 Posts
You can walk down oppisite the entrance to lobb, but its a long way all threw the little roads to the dunes if you don't know the way. T:

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
and some sandwiches ........................ Oh and a flare I:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll let you know if we decide to brave it or not!! Not going til 2nd week in august so if anyone wants to do a trial run for us before then, we'll gladly supply the compass and flare!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
The road opposite is Sandy Lane and it is possible to cycle down it to the car park (1.25 miles). Then you have to negotiate about a mile of soft sand and scrub, if you cut across the dunes (it's hard work on a mountain bike never mind with a dog and child in tow).
Alternatively you can follow the rough MOD track from the car park (or turn left prior to reaching the car park and follow the road through the great fields) to Crow Point and then ride along the full stretch of sand to Saunton (best at low tide). It is one long, but scenic ride.
Personally I'd stick to the main road! I:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts