VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
There's 3 of us booked last year for lobbs this year we arrive on the 9th which is Easter Monday but I'm not sure if any others have booked same or other dates!!

·
Registered
796 Posts
Yes it would be good to get the dates clarified, wasn`t there two dates being talked about:*

·
T4 Custom trailer maker
1,916 Posts
I was gonna do it but good old politics got in the way and to be honest its way to dear for a few daysat easter on basic site. Was ok when there were 100 odd vans. We are doing wurzle dubs now. the sitre looks brill and its a great price too A:

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
We've decided not to bother this year, partly as its a bit steep, partly because we're going to see if there is any snow left at Cairngorm for Easter and partly because their attitude towards people last year (particularly Busterben) absolutely stank so they can go swivel.

Here's hoping for snow :gl

·
Registered
9,434 Posts
"Lobb" has been a special event for us over the past 5 years. Indeed I've spent a great many weekends there over the last few years.
As it stood, Mikeys Lobb bash will take a great deal of replicating, many of the " old hands" attended the first 3 and helped make it a standout forum event.
Mangement changes at Lobb over recent years have changed the venue and not for the better in my view. This is a pity as I probably spent close on 50 nights there between 2006 and 2009.
I have never heard campsite staff speak to at least one member ( Ben) so appallingly as last year. The site in general does not get the support from me which it used to.
We won't be there this April. We will go somewhere to unwind, board, bike or surf.
It's also very expensive now, Ange and I can stay on a campsite same weekend, so close to the sea, with no need to drive to the beach, in the van, for the entire weekend, for less than one night at Lobb.
Lobb is dead: Long live Lobb.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
bigcat;1238438Mangement changes at Lobb over recent years have changed the venue and not for the better in my view. I have never heard campsite staff speak to at least one member ( Ben) so appallingly as last year. The site in general does not get the support from me which it used to. We won't be there this April. Lobb is dead: Long live Lobb.[/QUOTE said:
What he said EXACTLY.

I have the opportunity to go on a self mutilation course on the same weekend and the highlight of the Sunday is where we have a group circumcision. I have not done any of these courses previously but it sounds better to me than spending a weekend a Lobbs Fields.

Have a great weekend there all!Rasp:Rasp:

·
Formerly known as boscombesurfer
1,315 Posts
What he said EXACTLY.

I have the opportunity to go on a self mutilation course on the same weekend and the highlight of the Sunday is where we have a group circumcision. I have not done any of these courses previously but it sounds better to me than spending a weekend a Lobbs Fields.

Have a great weekend there all!Rasp:Rasp:
But the Lobbs staff are going to miss your lights! :eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts