VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I will try some more during weekend and report. I've got access to electric schemas, but am a total newbie/DIYer and just learn on the go. So thanks again for sharing info.

AFAIK safe mode could be disabled in firmware using VCDS, not exactly sure how.

Currently my dash looks like this, so I'm a bit busy with it. View attachment 178563
so do you mean u have tried the wire on pin 25 of the Black plug BCM and have the finding above ? Mine is fine (no safe mode activated when using pin 25)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wow! That's a freaking lot of wires. Way better complectation - mine was first bought for German army and has... Nothing :)
Back to the topic. BCM on my car has no 25 Pin connectors. Looks like this

·
Registered
8 Posts
The deepest dive into history of deep dives into VW lock modules.
1 hour video and another one following with electrics.

Though this was North American version without safety.
I've commented some additions with European lock version.

But in the end - it's controlled by CCM and door controllers (if present) and safe and not logic on how to move motor is kept inside these blocks an supplied using CAN i believe for my version as there seem to be no dedicated pin

·
Registered
8 Posts
And finally for VW T5 Caravelle 2008, without electrical windows, left-hand drive.

Scheme of central lock button on driver door.
Link [11] goes to earth point.

T10ae - 10-pin connector, black, coupling station on left of A-pillar (driver side, left-hand drive)

It's NOT present on my car. But pin 6 on 23 pin socket of CCM (convenience control module) could be used and pulled to ground with and without 1KOhm resistor to activate central lock.
This does not activate SAFE function and doors could be opened from inside.

J393 Convenience system central control unit

Central socket is T23, Yellow wire in middle row goes to pin 6.

Detail code 7H0959433B

·
Registered
21 Posts
I used to make a kit for vans that don't have the optional switch on the drivers door to control the central locking but stopped making them last year. There still seem s to be quite a demand for this upgrade so here is a "HOW TO" for anyone wanting to have a go.

You will need:

two way momentary switch like an electric window switch (you can use an OE locking switch from a Golf or Sirocco from a scrapper, this will fit one of your switch blanks on the dash) or
01939.3314-01 | Marquardt Double Pole Double Throw (DPDT), (On)-Off-(On) Rocker Switch Panel Mount | RS Components will do it.

some 0.5 mm cable in brown, yellow/blue and black
a few resistors ranging from 875 ohms to 1K
a N/O contact relay

What you need to access is the 10 way black connector block behind the dash end plate on the drivers side. In pin 6 is a yellow/blue wire. This wire needs to be pulsed with a negative to lock and pulsed with a negative via the resistor to unlock. The value of this resistor seems to vary slightly van to van so we begin with the 1K and work down until we find the right one for your van.

The purpose of the relay is isolate the switch unless the ignition is on for security. If you plan to mount the switch in the back of the van where it cannot be reached through a window then you can dispense with the relay.

Connect a brown wire from the earth point behind the carpet by the bonnet pull to the common pin of your switch. Connect the resistor across the two output pins of your switch. Connect a yellow/blue wire from output pin of the switch to the yellow/blue wire in the black 10 way connector block. Check that van locks/unlocks correctly when the switch is operated. If it locks but won't unlock change the resistor for a lower value until you get it right.
Once you have lock/unlock sorted you can fit the inhibitor relay if you need to.

Cut the brown wire to the switch and connect the two ends to the N/O contacts of the relay. Also connect the end from the earth point to one of the relay coil connections. Connect an ignition controlled supply to the other relay coil connection. You can pick up this supply from one of the thick black/yellow wires at the back of the headlight switch but you must insert an inline fuse of 3 amps at this point. (not 5.1)

[/IMG]
Hi Martin
Im installing an alarm to the T5.1 van, I already used PIN25 on the Black BCM connector to successfully get an interior central locking switch to work the doors when i'm inside and want to lock it or let passengers in. That function on PIN 25 is also thoughtfully inhibited automatically when original van remote is used to lock the van. (slightly different than above setup).

Anyway that connection method is not good for the alarm in 2 ways. It does not deadlock and it will not turn off the interior lights when locking occurs (leading you to think a door is ajar).
Would you know of the best way to connect my Cobra alarm (which has 2 neg -ve outputs), Thanks - my email is [email protected] in case you need to send anything thru.
Darren

·
Registered
21 Posts
And finally for VW T5 Caravelle 2008, without electrical windows, left-hand drive.

Scheme of central lock button on driver door.
Link [11] goes to earth point.
View attachment 178841
T10ae - 10-pin connector, black, coupling station on left of A-pillar (driver side, left-hand drive)

It's NOT present on my car. But pin 6 on 23 pin socket of CCM (convenience control module) could be used and pulled to ground with and without 1KOhm resistor to activate central lock.
This does not activate SAFE function and doors could be opened from inside.

View attachment 178842

J393 Convenience system central control unit

Central socket is T23, Yellow wire in middle row goes to pin 6.
View attachment 178843
Detail code 7H0959433B
View attachment 178844
Hey ! Wow you have really got it down to nuts and bolts. Would you have any solution for the question I posted to Martyn ?

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Hi Guys

I have a 2009 T5 T32 LWB. It never had electric windows or mirrors when new. It now has electric windows, I believe they are an after-market add-on, not OEM.

I would like to add central locking to my van. I have the original OEM door switch with the central locking button on it that I want to use.

Reading this post, I'm beginning to wonder if it is possible.

It all seems remarkably complicated.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Is it possible?

·
Registered
639 Posts
i want to add a remote locking switch in the back of the van but my brain cannot fathom all of this business. has someone made a premade kit yet that i can give some money for? or a super basic step by step guide?

·
Registered
8 Posts
@safetygav But do you have central lock button in front? I'd just trace where it goes and do connection in parallel.

Issue is that points of connection and pins on sockets are different from year to year and from modification to modification.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi folks, new to the forum. I’m looking to do this mod to a 5.1, and was wondering what switches people may have found that will fit into the standard dash? The OP mentions golf and sirocco switches, but for the life of me I cannot find an one switch that will mount into the dash? Any help appreciated!

41 - 52 of 52 Posts