VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the best anti theft locking wheel nuts please

what you using and a link (if you can please)

thanks in advance
R

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
McGard and the Evo5's are both Thatcham approved. Both come in a either tapered or radius bolt too T:

Try ebay hun, x

·
T4 2.5 TDi 2003 SWB
4,714 Posts
I believe the market leader is McGard top quality T:

I did spend some time looking at others, but always seemed to come back to McGards.

http://www.mcgard.com/index.php/automotive-2/wheel-locks

Plus Colese on here sells them. So he'll be able to advise on the seating type and thread required.
Give Simon a call I'm sure he'll sort you out a set.

TURK

·
T4 2.5 TDi 2003 SWB
4,714 Posts
Re: "locked" wheel nuts

Recon NOT, be most fail&anti-theft-proof will be from ESABRasp: or Kemppi :)

Must be me then:*
On another Note; How du U rate the good, the gooder & the poorest Locknut? :*
Ok, probably not the correct way to put it ! ............. But that's how the OP asked the question, he wanted to know what the 'best' was.
You have to take everything on the forum with a pinch of salt, as it's more of an opinion than a statement.

Maybe I should of worded it as 'the most popular brand' available, knowing that you were going to read this thread.

Price is always a good indication of something that is either garbage or of high quality.
Also, car manufacturers came to the conclusion that McGards are of good enough quality, as they're the ones that most resellers use as OEM for their vehicles.

BTW; No locking wheel nuts are 'anti-theft' ! ....... there's always a round them. They're just like any anti-theft device ...... a deterrent !

But that's just my opinion .......... I:

TURK

·
T4 2.5 TDi 2003 SWB
4,714 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts