VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I create a logo/banner as good as the T4 banner up the top there?

Im starting a new business and need a logo and a website (just one page for now).

Can any tech people on here help?

Thanks!

·
RIP
1,381 Posts
I do a lot my own web stuff and like to think Im fairly capable ....however after having pretty standard animated GIF banners on a site I advertise on I paid Jim Doodle to create one.

He has an 'animation gene' that I completely lack, and you can see that in the screeching van one on this site. Also he knows the programme to a standard that would waste my time trying to get to grips with, just to do a banner every 6 months or so.

The comments ive had from people about the banner has been really positive, saying that the animation doesnt get boring and asking who did it has been quite brilliant.

The thing is, people will judge you by your online presence, its worth every penny to make sure your banners look good. My clickthrough stats from google analytics shows just how many people actually do click on the banner to my site.. the whole purpose of it I 'spose.

If you can do some stuff yourself but bite the bullet a delegate some stuff to experts your overall impression will make you stand out from everyone else.

Here is a link to the one Jim did for me, its not cropped from this link but you should get the idea. http://www.ncdsa.com/ven/octane/160x600_octane_sport.swf

·
Registered
652 Posts
Whats your company do Vince? Is it an update to your existing site?
(If you do your job professionally, get someone else to do theirs.... it'll pay in the long run, your web presence may be a lot of peoples first impression of you, get it right T:)

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Zone6 hows it going?

Ive tried PM to the doodle guy but no reply.

I have my own personal training website as seen in my signature ... but im setting up a new company with another personal trainer, and we need a web page and logo designed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts