VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after a smash a few months ago and some fighting with the insurance company iv been vanless, but theirs good new the insurance company have finally paid out :D and iv bought the van back to repair.

theres some details bout the accident here http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=53147&highlight=accident

but the just is that i drove into a land rover and mine came out the worse, with a complete drivers front end needed.

first job (after fighting the insurance company was to find the parts, im planning on doing this mostly my self, alltho this could change depending on how it all goes.

now finding parts from ebay has proven to be a pain, as they don't tend to put up wether there long nose or short, and mines a long nose. and i really wanted to use oem were possible to minimize hassle in fitting.

currently the van looks like this

hope fully ill have her looking like this

already bought are some mods from t4srus got the indicators the grill and hopefully some devil eyes (altho these are only in lhd atm for the long nose so not sure when ill get them,)

the front bumper is coming from t4-vr6 a member on here with a spare bumper.

im now looking for a bonnet and wing, as well as crossmember and locking panel and any other bits attached, does any one have any pictures braking down the parts on the front end? i found this http://www.justkampers.com/shop/type_4/type-4-original-vehicle-parts/body-panels but not totally sure what parts are for the long nose.

any one used just kampers parts? or any suggestions on where to get the bits?

thanx

·
Registered
80 Posts
i`ve got a n/s headlight & lamp panel some where in my workshop also a new unused bonnet but its got abit of surface rust on it from just standing around. open to offers , pm me

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
will probly look rat till i can aford the respray, either that or chalk board paint from wilkos lol

thanx to panelbeater and vr6-t4 looks like i mite have most of the parts apart from the hinges and the wing, once ive got all the parts ill decide wether to do the nozzels and inter cooler :D or wether that will have to wait.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
okay work finaly began on the beast, stiped the front end off straitend some pannels and a few bits and bobs and began re fitting the wings bumper ect, suprised how far i got in just on day (6 hours) not bad to say im on nites lol.

pikies

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
What kind of problems have you got with the bonnet? There is alot of adjustment on the bonnet, hinges move the bonnet back and forth and up and down, the catch at the front moves, also there are stoppers that wind in and out to adjust the height of the front corners.

Have you replaced the hinges as your bonnet took quite a whack so good possibility the hinges have bent which means that the bonnet prob wont line up., I can see from the pictures that the os hinge is visible:eek:

Jay

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the main problem i was having with the bonnet was stopping it dropping on my head trying to get the bolts in lol.

havent noticed the stoppers (oh wait are they the rubber cylinders?)

yh the hingers took a whak but what gave way was the lip the hinge sits on , this was tapped back into place and the hinge wasent far off right after that, the bonnet seems to be fit ok, but not sure about the gaps between the wing and the bonnet, its about a little fingers gap between the wing and the bonnet, but its even on both sides, sits ok on the lach, but does seem spongy when pressed, like it mite not be down fully or is sat on somthing, crnt remeber what it was like before, but it does double click when down so could be rite, ill have to go round and press peoples bonnets lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts