VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep reading about people's vans and some are 'short nosed' and some are 'long nosed'.

I haven't the faintest idea what this is, - other than I think it must be something to do with how much the bonnet sticks out.

Can someone please post similar photos, one above the other, showing a short nose and a long nose van, so that I can see the difference.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
I keep reading about people's vans and some are 'short nosed' and some are 'long nosed'.

I haven't the faintest idea what this is, - other than I think it must be something to do with how much the bonnet sticks out.

Can someone please post similar photos, one above the other, showing a short nose and a long nose van, so that I can see the difference.

Thanks.
THat would be a T4 fella, not a T5 T:

long nose

short nose

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you my wife...???
I:
I don't think so.

Of course I noticed the different grills - but thought that wasn't anything to do with it as people can and do change those according to personal taste.

As for one being longer than the other - can't see it, myself. They both look the same to me. Slanting lights? Really? Where?

Sorry, I know I'm a numptie, but I really don't see it. :*

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Am I right in thinking? Sorry probably not.

To contribute to the debate, I think that the "long nose" was introduced by VW so that the V6 petrol engine would fit under the bonnet for the German market. So there's a little more room under the bonnet of a long nose vs a short nose, (which wont accommodate the V6), when they are fitted with the same type of engine.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Am I right in thinking? Sorry probably not.

To contribute to the debate, I think that the "long nose" was introduced by VW so that the V6 petrol engine would fit under the bonnet for the German market. So there's a little more room under the bonnet of a long nose vs a short nose, (which wont accommodate the V6), when they are fitted with the same type of engine.
correct the long nose was brought in to accomodate the VR6 engine .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.