VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have dipped into the site a few times over the years, but this has increased since I swapped my t4 for a t5.1, so thought I should finally join.
Had the t4 from new for 16 years, will have had the t5.1 for 3 years this autumn.
I don’t tend to work on the van myself but have still learnt plenty, which may be useful for someone.

have a pic of each - threads are always better with pics
Wheel Sky Cloud Land vehicle Tire

Wheel Tire Sky Cloud Vehicle

·
Registered
414 Posts
That's a very nice pair of Dubs Mr Tea,...:cool:

Glad to see you didn't give up on the T4 with the T5..

How do you choose which one to use though........

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sadly, I now have just the one…..the t5.1.

I wanted to make some changes to the conversion, the bodywork needed attention and was also having issues getting spares locally so it made sense to change. In 16 years and 148000 miles with the t4 we had very few problems, never even a warning light on the dash. Even wear and tear was good (I bottled it at 15 years old and fitted its first replacement battery - the leisure battery was never replaced).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hiya - thanks for the welcome.

Both vans are Bilbos conversions and elevate to the side. You get full height headroom for the whole living area, which is great.

There are also big ‘shelves’ created. At the front it’ll take a B&Q crate or two easily, round the sides and back are sections large enough for tea bag containers, cereal, coffee etc.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the welcome
poffer & b&t - she was called Sophie, but is sadly departed. Happy memories of her viewing the world from the van doorway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts