VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you crazy chaps have a longboard in the back of your van??? If not why not! Nothing better than having a quick roll to the campsite shop or local pub..or that prom next to the sea that soooo smoooooooooooothhhh

Here are a few vids to hopefully get some of you rolling...if anyone fancies a try then drop me a line.

Longboarding is for everyone who is reasonably fit. It can be used a a form of transport, speed, carving, sliding or even tricks although most people don't trick them.

Check the videos out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMLFZcONQAs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8m4OQ4lgpc

:)

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Thank Kiteboard!

I've just lost nearly an hour of my time watching youtube vids of longboards LOL:

I'd love to have a go, but the reasonably fit bit is holding me back.................. now if it was reasonably fat.......................:(

·
RIP
1,381 Posts
Partial to bit of mad Brazilian slide action:

Sergio Yuppy. Flames, head slides. Nuts!

I like longboards, slalom boards, a bit of downhill. Even have a luge. I even make special Long Distance Pumping and slalom trucks (with 3d work from another form member M Tubby)

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
That first video is awesome mate.
I sometimes sneak my son's longboard into the back of the van if I get an urge. Home made 3 1/2 ft birch ply/carbon sandwich deck, holeys and biiiiiiig siesmics. Very smooth. I have to nick my son's cos his mate snapped my deck showing off. The falling off manouver is my best trick, just like in my surfing.

·
Registered
917 Posts
yes.....
:ILU:
And if you know your skate history thats Dave Hackett mumbling into the mike.

Wanna race?
Race? Against a world champion? Against a friend of the stars (Blue Peter)? You're jokin man.

Fair play to you though, I watched that downhill comp and when I heard a Brit accent I was like 'Yeah, go the Brits! Representin' Have you been doin that forever?

·
RIP
1,381 Posts
I have 33 years experiance....or rather 1 years experiance, and 32 repeating the same experiance.

Age is no barrier and fitness can only improve if you skate. Cant imagine how unhealthy I'd be if I didnt.

Wafflesole (on this forum) has skated the entire lenght of New Zealand and Joel King (member but not often on here is the world Record jet Luge holder.)

I love the vid of his run, and it has his and my T4 in it....mine a triffle blurred!

I have posted it before, but I do love watching it....it was ver ver ver fast!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Would really like to get into this, any ideas on a half decent board without breaking the bank, been along time since I was on a board but still have my old skate from 77

·
Registered
84 Posts
im with u on this, longboard in the back is on the permanent itinery list.
you just never know where u mind find some lovely smooth tarmac:ILU:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lush Longboards are a Uk company and have a nice feel for the money £100-£160 will get you something nice. You can buy cheaper like the Blue earth but I don't really rate them. The Bahari (kick tail) Mako (pintail) with Randal r2's or Holeys, with Magma wheels is a great start. Think of your first board as the cruiser and a bit of carving, downhill and even some dancing. If you really get into it you may have a quiver of boards.

The loaded Dervish and Vanguard are selling well but the set ups are £200-250 ish.

silverfishlongboarding is a good forum to read.

have a nice roll

·
RIP
1,381 Posts
Good news. (I hope)

I am in the process of becoming a 'Trader' on the site in order to offer paid members of the T4forum a worthwhile discount at my company. 10 % off.

I only offer discounts to paid up members of clubs I support like the UKGSA or UKSSA (downhill and racing skate orgs)...and as a forum member here I want to support the T4 forum too. I only offer discounts to paid up members as otherwise a discount isnt a real discount.....but the discount will likely cover your membership cost if you were thinking of joining.

Advice is ALWAYS free and I am quite forthright in my views, but my main rule is we only sell stuff I like. Simple. And Lush is one of the brands we stock, having known Lush since they started in a Sheffield basement....

I held off offering a forum discount before as of course skateboards arnt T4 'essential' but I do realise that longboards are popular. Id rather forum members had a choice. A better choice than buying a board from a shop where they dont know one end of a board from another, or have them as an accessory to the T shirt and shorts departments....

And for paid up members looking for gear this should help offset your membership costs.

Until the discount is formalised members can PM me for details. Some people will know my company's name and URL, but I'll leave that out of it until the Trader sign is up running properly.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Good I want

2 Globe Slides
2 Dervish with paris and some orangtangs
possible vanguard with something which u can carve on.

Can I have your number for a chat.

cheers
andy

·
RIP
1,381 Posts
The forum discount has been formalised. I am now a 'trader' so all my opinions are officially biased!!!I:

I'll bow out of offerring opinions when longboardy stuff comes up on the forum as I don't want to be accused of bias. But the discount is there if anyone who is a paid up from member wants it.

Anyway, if you feel the need for speed, and wobbles, and feel that buying from us is worthwhile, please get in touch.

Please remember all proceeds go to my favorite charity, the 'Stridey needs a yacht appeal'. dedicated to improve the life of one individual who really doesnt deserve it.:)

·
Registered
920 Posts
I'm loving this thread, a mate showed me the whirling dervish thread a while back, have not owned a skateboard for a few years and now you have me trying to work out how to sneak a longboard into the van, my wife already scorns the collection of surfboards and snowboards that do not get enough use (pleasure of living in Southampton LOL:).

Saw some lads down Hengistbury Head last week in the huge car park having a great time on these.

Cheers for the open advice on the board choice as well.T: Also if you do start trading I have a few great avenues for free advertising, PM me and i will send more info if interested.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts