VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Called in today and had a quote, 299 with nice twin end tips and fitting of my de cat that I had from e bay which is a PPT one. Not sure whether good or bad price but seem nice people

·
Registered
555 Posts
Well had to go for it after the demise of my mild steel one just yesterday, an they fitted me in straight away. Nice chap there is Pete and very happy with their serviceA:

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
When you had a new/replacement front piece (decat?) did you get a complete piece including flange joint to manifold or was your pipe cut and new steel welded to original flange?

I ask as when i had a look at my neighbours (non t4) they had just cut the cat out and replaced just that section with a small new steel section.

·
Registered
324 Posts
had mine done there, and three other vechicles before the t4. full system, cat removed and replaced with pipe, then middle secction made no middle boxT:, then rear with Ypiece, smallest boxs they had one either side with twin pipes. must say sounds the nuts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Mines booked in for thurs morning. Having single pipe, decat with single tailpipe at the rear, might go for an oval shaped tailpipe instead of a round one although that'll be an extra 40 quid!. All in £280. :D

LDS in Nantgarw wanted £255 for a bosal system which included the cat plus then had to pay at least £35 labour for someone to fit it, so worked out cheaper. Rasp:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just had a full system fitted with decat by these guys in Swansea.
Always a pleasure to deal with these guys - quality workmanship and tea/coffee galore.

If you go in the Longlife in Swansea (Cwmddu Ind Est) ask for Lisa and tell her Kris (white T4) recommended you - you may get a discount!

FUZZ

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Went down Tuesday after speaking to them at Volksfest in Carmarthen, they did a full decat system with a twin pipe silencer at the rear for me, not the dual each side, just a twin zorst at the back, only a 1.9TD but burbles nicely on tickover, asked for a mid sport sound I:

·
Registered
334 Posts
hey all have we got this discount nailed down yet i need a new exhaust for my t4 1.9td looking for a de cat back to a single tailpipe with twin exit exhaust. i tried long life in cardiff first being the closest company (before i knew bout the discount) and was told it would be £450 after reading this thread that seems really expensive has anyone had the same system how much did yours cost?:**<:)>

·
Registered
1 Posts
i had an exhaust fitted by them and i'm well happy with it ....the owner peter ha a gray t4 which is his love !! like us nutss !! Rasp: i'll try and post some pics of mine on here !! cheers dai mogs

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I just mailed Longlife in Caerphilly to ask for a price on what they can do on a T5, should get a reply tomorrow....

41 - 53 of 53 Posts