VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a Fridolin (VW Type 147) in for MOT today, I love these crazy vans.
The bodywork was nothing special but man was it low, back box was literally two inches off the ground.
There is another one around this way sprayed matt army green with mahoosive alloys buried in the arches, uber cool.
Apparently there are only five or so left in the country but I don't know how true that is.
Crappy pictures on my phone as I missed it outside and couldn't get it all in from the side.

·
Meithered to death
2,859 Posts
The matt green one belonged to a friend of mine in St.Agnes,he sold it last year to a guy in plymouth and it crops up at all the local shows,i havnt seen the one in the pics before.
Apparently there are less than 300 remaining on the planet,Vw were commisioned to build them for the german post services,who'd believe they would end up so rare and uber cool!

There were three at plymouth volksfest last year and a really rare sight to see so many togetherT:

One from plymfest last year

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The green one I've seen is a lot darker than that and the wheels were 20's or bigger, I don't know if it was tubbed but you could only see about two thirds to half of the rear wheels, I mean mentally big.
The one we had in today belongs to the guy who owns Dub Monkeys in Tavistock, i don't think it's been on the road in a while, it had an airbrushed grim reaper on the N/S 'c' pillar, we do all their MOT's so get some cool VW's in, and a few sheds.

·
Meithered to death
2,859 Posts
I love these. :ILU:
This one was at Bristol Volksfest:

That's my mate Jim's old one,he will be chuffed when i tell him theres a pic on the T4 forum.
The rimms,cheque'rs and script have been added since he sold it but the slam job was his masterpieceT:

·
Registered
738 Posts
We had a Fridolin (VW Type 147) in for MOT today, I love these crazy vans.
The bodywork was nothing special but man was it low, back box was literally two inches off the ground.
There is another one around this way sprayed matt army green with mahoosive alloys buried in the arches, uber cool.
Apparently there are only five or so left in the country but I don't know how true that is.
Crappy pictures on my phone as I missed it outside and couldn't get it all in from the side.

This is pure dub!!

One day!!! T:

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hells bells they are cool vans, i have never seen them before - awesome :ILU:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I'm still waiting for the Postman Pat episode when he slams his van and fits a 2.3 Porsche lump in the back!

There must have been 6-8 Frids at VanFest last year, including the 'as found' red one on Volksworld's stand.

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Officially a Volkswagen Type 147 Kleinlieferwagen but unofficially a Fridolin.

·
Registered
134 Posts
One for sale in Sydeny if anyone's interested... Bargain at £12.5k!!! :eek: Instead of spending the mullah on importing it, you could use that to move to Oz instead and enjoy it even more... :cool:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts