VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
The single row lightbar was my first choice but didnt want to take the chance of buying and fitting something that was bright enough for what i needed.....more than happy with my choice T:

·
Registered
52 Posts
The single row lightbar was my first choice but didnt want to take the chance of buying and fitting something that was bright enough for what i needed.....more than happy with my choice T:
Hi Linsey .. Really impressed with your install. I live in an area with no street lights at all so been looking for a lightbar for a while. Nothing available locally so need to get off the net.
Can you tell me where you got yours and give me some pointers on how you fitted it..

Thanks in advance

Gary

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Not yet, finished off. Takes and did seat cover today. Going to put a louder horn in tomorrow, so I’m going to have a look from behind to see what is required.

I am a bit concerned about reducing the airflow,but if I get any problems I can always get a splitter and duct some air upwards

·
Registered
9,489 Posts
You can drop the lot forward without undoing the belly pan and hinge it from there .
Just remember to put something soft for the bumper to sit on otherwise you'll have gravel rash .

·
Registered
99 Posts
Any questions.. I'll try to help you..

but did this few years back all by myself, whilst fabricating a new intake..

[just seen this thread!.. + admittedly not on here really that much!]

BUT. Yes.

It makes a MASSIVE difference to the lighting, when needed..

and..

Yes.

I have a VR6 3.2 aka. R32 engine :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
thanks, so its the:

MICTUNING® 32 Inch 180W CREE LED Spot Flood Combo Work Light Bar Offroad from Amazon.

Just checked, they're still doing it! £55.. not bad.. think I paid more few years back!

It really does suit the shape of the T5 front bumper though.. the length + the arc of the light-bar is perfect. like it was made for the T5 bumper!

·
Registered
99 Posts
no worries.. few years still going strong.. for the money it's well built - so no complaints really.

No condensation, but if you're worried.. I've read some folk in the US apply a thin clear silicone bead around the glass front - as a preventive measure..

I recall the wiring kit (switch, relay/fuse etc) , is extra though...

I'll have a dig around for some of the install photos.. if anyone is interested?

41 - 60 of 83 Posts