VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a mechanic that services theTwickenham area that would come and have a look at my van? Its needs a little work finishing on it that I can’t do myself. Looking for someone who is reliable and knows about the T4 2.5TDI engines. I have been waiting far to long now and just want to get the beast started and enjoy it.

Thanks in Advance..T:

·
Registered
12 Posts
How do. I'm in Isleworth and use Martin at Finch Motors in Brentford. Pretty solid guy - only used him for servicing but might be worth a ring. 07784 073 013

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply. I managed to find a mobile mechanic who specializes in diesels. He starts work Monday. Which means after a very frustrating 6 months of having my van sat outside my house without a front grill or a complete engine that it will soon be back on the road with a completely rebuilt and refurbished engine.

I cant wait, as ive had avery frustrating and drawn out experience so far. Then off to the body shop for a little bit of a work and a polish. i have a custom 2,5" exhaust tooA: some camo seat covers to go on, new aero wipers fitted sounds are waiting for the cobwebs to be blown out. Then gonna have a look behined the panels to see what sort of insulation is fitted if any T: Happy days should ready for spring and a bucket load of trips mountain biking and racing around the country.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Glad you found someone. If you see a red '03 lowered camper in the Twickenham area (Forum sticker on back), give us a toot!

Enjoy your summer!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ha funny just googled mechaninc in Twickenham and got this back. So I called finch motors and turns out he looks after a few of my friends anyway. Gonna pop down tmw morning and get my new steering wheeel fitted.

Thanks again Karnstop T:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hi Bman and Karnstop, nice to know there's a VW friendly mechanic locally. I'm down in Hanworth so not far from you two. Will either of you be able to make it along to the Ace cafe on the North Circular on Dec 20th for the final London meet up? Hope to see you there if you can?

·
Registered
49 Posts
How do. I'm in Isleworth and use Martin at Finch Motors in Brentford. Pretty solid guy - only used him for servicing but might be worth a ring. 07784 073 013
this is the wrong pnone No MODS try and sort this as it driving the women nuts,T:

·
Registered
49 Posts
these are the numbers for Finch Motors 0208 560 8978.
Martin mobile 0788 407 3013.

seems a nice fella but he hasnt give me a quote yet, gave him my Reg No and i got to ring him back for price to morrow !! let ya no latr price he says for supply and fit new rear wheel bearing T5

really thinking about getting one of them pully's of t bay and having ago myself then selling it back on t bay, coz the vans coming up for sale and i wont need it

·
Registered
49 Posts
these are the numbers for Finch Motors 0208 560 8978.
Martin mobile 0788 407 3013.

seems a nice fella but he hasnt give me a quote yet, gave him my Reg No and i got to ring him back for price to morrow !! let ya no latr price he says for supply and fit new rear wheel bearing T5

really thinking about getting one of them pully's of t bay and having ago myself then selling it back on t bay, coz the vans coming up for sale and i wont need it[/QUOTE

:*Zero feedback for Martin @ Finch Motors, after ringing him the next day he then asked me to txt my Reg No :( that i already gave him then he txt me back for ME to ring him back :( so i rang him and he said that you need a special pulley to get hub of and advised me to ring VW because he couldn't do the job :bhd:bhd :*:*
as it happens i did ring Vw and they quoted me supply and nix new hub and bearing £219.00 i might even go for that when i get back to suffolk have a good weekend T:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts