VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Couldn't think of a better place to ask this than on a VW Forum.

I'm going to be selling lots of the new shape Transporters and was thinking of the best way to sell them, what I've decided to do is put some bits and pieces on them, wheels, bars, spoilers, maybe carpet the rears, maybe convert a few into Kombis, maybe put leather on a few etc etc etc. What I'd like to do is call my Transporters a name for example "Transporter Signiture" or "Transporter Collection".
What I'm asking is for other ideas, so don't be shy all ideas would be apprciated.

Thanks in advance!
Appy!

·
Registered
43 Posts
depends on who you are marketing them to, the age of the van, mileage etc.

I find kombi conversions are popular, they suit the work van use and then you can fit the kids in the back when you need too.

I sold 2 vans recently with over 90k each on them, both with tailgates and we had them coverted to have seats, windows and fully carpeted load areas, with a non slip floor too. one even went as far as painting the bumpers, wing mirrors and having tints done! combined with full face hubs caps the van looked 60k younger!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine are all new shape so 2010 '10' plate with sub 20k all got metallic paint all got air con and then they have different bits, all have minimum electric packs about half have appearence pack aswell. mainly 102ps most SWB but some with 140's, some DSG's some LWB. So they are going to be on the expensive side I guess.
Just been looking a "removable camper kit" Thats what I love about these things, the possibilities are endless!

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
The problem is that practically every other van trader is trying to do the same thing, some successfully, some not.
If you do it very well, then its not cheap, and if you dont then you just end up with a bad name for trying to cash in on the VW scene by sticking a few bits of bling on the vans to shift them.
I think if you do a quality job, then there are people who will pay a decent price for it........at least they should have no shortage of examples of poor workmanship to compare it with as there are plenty of cowboys out there;).
Out of interest, what do you trade as?

I have made some removable units in the past - from a users point of view, they are a very good idea. From an insurance point of view they can be a nightmare. Insurance companies like a vehicle to be one thing all the time. If you carry camping equipment sometimes, its a big difference from bolting in a camping unit which when in place will still need gas drop out vents etc.

Combis always seem to be good news though.

Good luck.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got one booked in to be converted to a camper in March, not a cheap job, pop top, one of the best quality Rock and Roll beds etc etc. I haven't decided if I should put a brand new one in or to use a 6 month old one. I have to own the vehicles for a year before I can sell them so I'm tempted to use one of the second hand ones.
How do people feel about "Kombi's" that are after market conversions? I'll be using genuine VW Glass and Seats etc but wondered if people snubb conversions and only buy factory Kombi's.
We trade under Cars and Commercials

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.