VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, im jack and im new here so please be nice!
Im looking to buy a T4 SWB next year and convert it into a camper. Having seen a fair few conventional side kitchen - R&R bed layout vans id like to do something a bit different, but still be able to carry at least 4 on the road and sleep 2 people.
As an apprentice, budget is a big factor and im looking to do most of the work myself as im pretty good at carpentry and electrics.
It's also more than likely that ill be buying a panel van not a van thats already been converted to it'll still have the bulkhead which im ok with because i plan on building a 'stealth' camper.
If anyone has any ideas, drawings or photos that could help me out i would really appreciate it. Thanks!!

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
Hi all, im jack and im new here so please be nice!
Im looking to buy a T4 SWB next year and convert it into a camper. Having seen a fair few conventional side kitchen - R&R bed layout vans id like to do something a bit different, but still be able to carry at least 4 on the road and sleep 2 people.
As an apprentice, budget is a big factor and im looking to do most of the work myself as im pretty good at carpentry and electrics.
It's also more than likely that ill be buying a panel van not a van thats already been converted to it'll still have the bulkhead which im ok with because i plan on building a 'stealth' camper.
If anyone has any ideas, drawings or photos that could help me out i would really appreciate it. Thanks!!
Hi and welcome ........................ just remember not all T4's are the same. You just need to make sure the one you eventually buy has the capacity to do what you want.

For example lots of people buy 800's, but can easily go overweight once kitted out and with additional passengers onboard T:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts