VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any good honest T4's Up for sale looking for our first van to join the VW world young family of 4.

Registered
rusty heap ('95 t4)
location, budget & expectations might help?

also, before buying anything I'd suggest reserching into their issues, foibles & problems (of which there are many o_O )

Rust happens also.

avoid anything with fresh / shiney paint as if could be hiding a nightmare or two;)

Rich. (harbinger of DOOM & 11 year t4 veteran:oops:)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
location, budget & expectations might help?

also, before buying anything I'd suggest reserching into their issues, foibles & problems (of which there are many o_O )

Rust happens also.

avoid anything with fresh / shiney paint as if could be hiding a nightmare or two;)

Rich. (harbinger of DOOM & 11 year t4 veteran:oops:)
Thanks for the quick response

We are possibly looking for a van with a pop top fitted with empty back or something we can upgrade or a furnished rear just needs a roof, I appreciate these maybe difficult to come by, prices we are unsure as we are new so setting a price at the minute might be unrealistic.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you definatley after a t4? Many more t5s and t6s on the road if you want to expand your pool.
Thanks for the reply, We would love T5 T6 But are they not riddled with more issues than just old age rust issues and higher mileage On T4's. DPF faults injector issues you may be able to confirm this. Any support going through this process is valuable to us so appreciate any info offered.

Registered
All I'd say is that most t4s are 20+ year old now and have multiple owners so history can be hard to know the history of the van (and maintenance is critical really).... but any high mileage vehicle at that age is going to need a fair bit of TLC unless you're really lucky. A more modern diesel does have more to go wrong no doubt, but it's a balance isnt it as a low mileage one will have much less mechanical wear and you have a lot more choice. I'd have loved a t4 for style and charm, but wanted extremely low miles so went for a t5.1.

Registered
I looked at a few t4s but all were expensive but had issues or bad repairs, all the good ones people rarely want to part with, I ended up buying a T4 compass navigator more room but not a daily driver, the upside is its never been welded and is mint just had a few wiring faults which are now sorted.

Sent from my I3312 using Tapatalk

Registered
Any good honest T4's Up for sale looking for our first van to join the VW world young family of 4.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts