VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright guys, hope this isn't to repetitive but few questions about van specs and some i am looking at

first off i was thinking 104 engine for economy and "power". but 84 are more common worth getting and remapping? wasn't going to go down the remap route but it looks more likely if i cant find a 104 i like

found a 104 remapped to 150, sounds like a bit of a harsh remap, is it pushing it to far?

DMF and clutch, i heard of problems with them and to look for one that has been changed. was this only a problem with early t5s as i have also found a 2006 but not had it changed

any idea where i can get a cheap standard van from all the ones on ebay seem to be just under the priced of modded ones so pays to get one already colour coded, wheels, lowered etc. i am in dorset so the closer the better but looking up to 200mile radius

hope you can answer some questions, all help is much appreciated

·
Registered
232 Posts
Welcome to the jungle!! I bought mine 5 months ago already converted and colour coded etc.. found on ebay in the end but you just got to trawl through the usual channels e-bay, piston heads etc and eventually you will find what you are looking for! Good luck!!T:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i am trawling, tailgate is where it all goes wrong with my budget. i am either on spec and standard or not quite on spec and modded at 9k.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Hi just replied to another thread with the same problem a guy looking for a unmolested T5 ,I have just bought one which I will pick up on Wednesday its been a everyday van for someone, in blue, 115,000 miles one owner 2008.I have a T5 myself and can feel the pain looking for a good one without it being butchered in some way for someone to make a quick buck on!!!!! I had to travel to Ireland for mine.In short ive been able to get this T5 at the right money and before I decide what to do with it this is a great base van which is open to offers but not silly onesT:hope this helps contact me anytime

·
Registered
422 Posts
Hi just replied to another thread with the same problem a guy looking for a unmolested T5 ,I have just bought one which I will pick up on Wednesday its been a everyday van for someone, in blue, 115,000 miles one owner 2008.I have a T5 myself and can feel the pain looking for a good one without it being butchered in some way for someone to make a quick buck on!!!!! I had to travel to Ireland for mine.In short ive been able to get this T5 at the right money and before I decide what to do with it this is a great base van which is open to offers but not silly onesT:hope this helps contact me anytime
Thats a bit harsh is'nt it !!! I would have thought that a high percentage of vans especially on sites like this have had their mods done out of the owner's requirements rather than being butchered to make a quick buck on.
I certainly know that the mod's I have spent thousands of pounds on were not done so that "I could make a quick buck" and suspect you will feel the same way when you come to sell your van after its been modded to your specs...

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
jh1 !!!!!!!!!you have totally just misinterpreted!!!!!!!!! what I was saying and offering I like this forum and have had the honour in meeting some great people who have given me some great advice help and understood my questions along the way ,so if you have the time to read my post again or if you what me to word it another way !!!!!!dont get ripped off on some auction sites or sales sites I HAVE A VAN I HAVE PICKED UP AT THE RIGHT MONEY AND AS A T4 FORUM MEMBER COME AND HAVE A LOOK A CHAT A BREW A BEER AND MAKE ME A OFFER ON A VAN STRAIGHT FROM A ONE CONPANY OWNER IF YOU DONT WANT IT FARE PLAY I WILL ENJOY CONVERTING IT MYSELF .sorry but only trying to help . JH1 PLEASE READ AGAIN:*:*:*:*

·
Registered
422 Posts
Well BEZ T5
I am sorry I misinterpreted your post, I didnt realise you were offering to sell on the van you were talking about.... However I stand by what I said in my post, which was in no way meant as a personal dig at you, but was to point out to d2a2v2e (the guy who put the original post up) that a high percentage of the vans that are modded are done for the right reasons and not to make a quick buck as, I thought, was suggested in your post. T: T: T:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for that!

Anyone got any thoughts on an 06 plate with 100k without the clutch and flywheel done?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts