VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had a bongo for years and whilst low mileage it was constantly in need of bodywork repairs costing me 1000s over the years, ive got my eye on a T5 with 180,000 miles on the clock. its just had a facelift so look immaculate but my husband is especially concerned about trading one set of problems for another. Theres not much info on the van other that what i can see on line relating to MOT wok etc

Any thoughts :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you yes the T5 has been my dream for a while, just as it will be my everyday vehicle as well as for exploring and i haven't got the ££ for a younger model i do need to do the research!

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
I would need to add another row of seats too
No way, the door shuts don't even match the paintwork, side door step is beat right up, this is a tarted up builders van. Very little information on engine size etc.

Aircon is a must to me and this has paint that will fall away in no time.

Get a drink and keep posting here, we will help as much as poss.

Thta van is a dog!

Just my opinion and others may differ (y)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow, thank you so much! i loved the look of it but obviously have no idea - im going to keep looking

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
£8000 should get you a 5.1 with reasonable mileage and service history , if you need more seats buy a factory kombi or shuttle , then at least you know the seats are factory safety fitted , plus it will be M1 on the v5 so you can drive at car speeds. good luck with your search.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
£8000 should get you a 5.1 with reasonable mileage and service history , if you need more seats buy a factory kombi or shuttle , then at least you know the seats are factory safety fitted , plus it will be M1 on the v5 so you can drive at car speeds. good luck with your search.
OK Thats good to know, i could go up to 12k but cant find anything atm, but yes would want it to take 4 -5 passengers.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Why Main Dealer Service history? There are loads of independent garages who take more care and have more knowledge than dealerships. They also charge a lot less as they don’t have to pay for franchises and fancy show rooms.
I speak from experience owning 32 year old a Golf and 26 year old Corrado, neither have relied on main dealers to keep them on the road. The same goes for my van 👍

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Does 8k really get you a t5.1 with decent mileage and service history??
It certainly didn't when we were looking .
I certainly cant find anything at the moment! I think you really need £20k to get what would be considered decent. I have to start saving :)

·
Registered
9,842 Posts
I think realistically you're looking at somewhere between 12 and 15k for something that i would consider half decent in a t5.1 .
Prices at the moment have gone up with demand.
As a very rough guide we worked out when we were looking a few years back that an 05 (basic van not camper) was around £5k
And an 08 was around £8k .
Dont know how true that is in this current market.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think demand has def gone up, i could have sold my Bongo 10 times over as i didnt inflate the price. I know i don't need the camper version again as we always had to set the tent up anyway as there are 4 of us so i think im just going to get a regular car until i can make an informed purchase later and not just jump at any van that comes up! thats hard on my impatient nature lol

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Does 8k really get you a t5.1 with decent mileage and service history??
It certainly didn't when we were looking .
No mate. A friend of mine is looking at the minute and theres very little out there. That said, a mate has just sold his with over 200k on the clock albeit with a rebuilt engine etc for £10k.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts