VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all i am looking to buy my first t4 and the cash is burning a hole in my pocket lol
ive been looking at alot of t4s but cant decide on what to get
whats best 1.9 1.9td 2.4 2.5td ?
ive been offered a nice looking t4 2.4 swb r&r bed cupboards lowered cooker sink 18inch alloys its a on going project that i need to put windows in and finish the conversion off its a good deal but not knowing alot about the t4 scene ie insurance and stuff like that
basicly i am looking for some something i can but my own stamp on but i need to use as a camper so me and the other half,3kids can get some cheap holidays
any advice would be very much appreciated

oh and does anyone know of any where in essex where i can get the side windows supplied and fitted ?
thanks

·
Registered
879 Posts
its wot ever takes your fancy with the van dude, ther all great, the 2.5s are faster but expensive to fix, if your good with spanners then the others will be easy to work on, and run as sweet as on a cooking oil mix, its an expensive hobby tLOL:hough,
i bought the best i could afford, a 1.9td 800 special one owner from new:eek: and mint, i love it , and ive just started working in a vw coverters 2 days a week so im redoing all the interior again, just for the hell of it:D

good luck wit your search chum,

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I would get a Caravelle - save cost of putting in windows, come with tailgate and usually come with some nice toys T:

Can also be insured on a car policy, so if you have an existing insurance policy it can just be transferred across.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers people i am on the search again as he sold the van from under me :*so search continues want and need one b4 end of month so i can get it all ready for summerT:

·
Registered
151 Posts
2.5 all day long there the best by far in my opinion! 3 guesses what mine is....I: :ILU:
Whatever you buy you will end up spending on it, T4's are the best vans on the road by far but even the newest ones are approaching 10 years old now.
You dont mind spending on them though, as if yours ends up anything like mine, they become part of the family, mine tows well, does long runs without problem, not bad on diesel and the 5 cylinder growl is just brilliant!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
right people thanks for all your comments i have t4 oh yes very excited i get it next weekend
2.4 swb pics to follow as soon as i pick it up just need to find some where in essex now to fit me 2 side windows

1 - 13 of 13 Posts