VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Afternoon
First post on here. I live in deepest Cornwall and have £5k to buy a VW Transporter does anyone have one for sale ideally lowish mileage around 100k T4 or 5 was about to buy one on eBay only to discover it was fraudulent post.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good Afternoon
First post on here. I live in deepest Cornwall and have £5k to buy a VW Transporter does anyone have one for sale ideally lowish mileage around 100k T4 or 5 was about to buy one on eBay only to discover it was fraudulent post.
For 5k you are buying rubbish. Spend the extra and see the changes made.
I bought mine 12 years ago, 6k. Rust everywhere..but not seen. Motor old and nothing called heat sensers worked. One of the double big fans did not work and the second only now and again, sensors again.
Motor valves rotor broke in ltaly after it cooked on a gradient. Piston in valves etc.. Another motor, 2500k, changed ALL sensors, all. But only after the top blew on the replaced motor. Vw sent new top end, all new valves, the lot. 2200k. Driven 50000 now. Sprayed twice, in Spain - so cheap. So, great motor now, pull well, no cooking with the all changed sensors, and have spent 30k in all but its like a new Westfalia. In Denmark a new costs 80k and here in Spain l live in it, 4th year. Think what l saved!
Do not buy a chesp one my friend.
Good hunting.
Roja48

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
Please beware of members that join just for the sake of posting a link to their cheap ebay ads .
There are many cons and rip off's attached to the vdub world because its a very popular market/target.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I understand there are cons in all walks of life including the VW world but am not one of them . if you were to read my Ebay post you can see that I have owned my van for 7 years and havent hidden my reg or lied in any way and been open about the condition of the van . also if you had checked my ebay account it's been open for many years . I was a member of this group before but couldn't recall my login details as set over 7 years ago when I first bought my van . a private message to some one in future would have been better than now putting people off my sale which I am being forced into due to loss of working hours . am under enough stress with out being a called a con artist . thank you

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
I was being very careful how i worded it so as not to call anyone in particular anything disingenuous.
Simply saying to make sure you do your homework first rather than regret it later .
Good luck with the sale , if its a good one then i'm sure it won't hang around.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts