VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought myself an LT35 and now looking to sell my van and trailer. Want to put them up for sale in here but its hard to go firm on a price?? I know its all about who likes what and what its worth to them please be as brutally honest as possible with what you reckon its worth, that way I don't have to fool myself and waste time asking for stupid money. After a price for both sold together or seperated :(

VAN DETAILS:

-1999 VW T4
-2.5tdi 102bhp (150 remap)
-Registered as motor caravan
-Full MOT
-Will need taxing in march
-Full electric pack with dual sunroofs
-Sliding side windows in the rear
-4 Belted seats
-Full service history mostly VW(can give details but its approx every 10k)
-164k on the clock but will probs put another 1000 on the clock by the end of march if I still have her as I want one last run to devon.
-All belts done within the last 25,000 miles
-Full service at the beginning of the year.
-New battery and alternator in November
- Break pads and disks all round last April
-New full stainless steel exhaust last year
-164k on the clock, past 20,000 all motor way from germany to UK (British Army, I was based there)
-Air ride adjustable suspension on the rear with sachs hd super touring shocks all around

VAN INSIDE:

- 2009 Professional conversion to 2 berth camper van by mile2ltd in Devon. with
- 12/240v fridge
- 2 hob cooker
- Sink
- 80ltr water tank underneath, I have just put a 10lt one in under the sink as i didn't really want to carry 80kg of water when I was traveling lol. It can be changed back easily :)
- Propex night heater
- Flip down TV/DVD
- Plug sockets
- Leisure battery
- 240v hook up
- 240v inverter for when your running 12v
- Internal lighting
- Front swivel Captain seats
- Safe under passengers seat.
- 2 Seats in rear with 3 point seat belts that pull into 2 single beds
- Cab Bunk bed that goes across front seats for children (my daughter has used it since she was one and my niece used it at 12 so is quite big.
- Table that folds out between the four seats for eating
-Plenty of storage

THE POD

-The Pod is a custom VW LWB Pod built last year (we wanted more space and I didnt think I was ready for a caravan)
-Fully load rated, plated with engineers note
-Fully serialized and insured,
-Weight is 540kg
-Braked to carry up to and over 750kg
- Fully insulated
- Large roof vent with fly screen
- 240/12v hook up
- Leisure battery
- 240v plug sockets
- 12v Lighting
- 12/240v 22inch TV/DVD/FREEVIEW think i would like to keep this though.
- Large Triple bed and kids cab bed.
- All can be removed so you use have a carpeted empty pod.
- Graphics on both van and pod can be removed

BAD BITS

-Slight rust on front arches (surface, doesnt need welding) and flakey paint on bumpers (have had a quote of £300 to have the arches and bumpers re painting)
-Sink tap turns on via a flip switch not the actual tap.
-Dvd player on TV doesnt work but tv takes USB stick with films on.
-slight tear in headlining where the 2nd sun roof was fitted.

Will put some more pics up later.

What is a realistic price to sell at??

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lots of PMs asking how much I want but none helping me value :(

Any value is better than none.... come on guys give me an honest punt... would I be asking too much if I put them up for

VAN £6500
POD £2500
VAN & POD £8500

Close or off the mark

·
Premium Member
2,570 Posts
Mate, a few people around here don't seem to like my valuations but they are usually quite near ther mark.

As with all things, your van is only worth what someone will pay ~ this forum is often totally detached from reality in that respect.

My usual disclaimer : these are not classic vans (yet) like a bay or split & this is not a good time of year to sell with regard to price.

Okay, I would currently value a basic panel van of that spec, condition & mileage at around £2.5-3K & add a premium for the extras at around £1500 ~ so about £4 -4.5K for the van alone.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mate, a few people around here don't seem to like my valuations but they are usually quite near ther mark.

As with all things, your van is only worth what someone will pay ~ this forum is often totally detached from reality in that respect.

My usual disclaimer : these are not classic vans (yet) like a bay or split & this is not a good time of year to sell with regard to price.

Okay, I would currently value a basic panel van of that spec, condition & mileage at around £2.5-3K & add a premium for the extras at around £1500 ~ so about £4 -4.5K for the van alone.
Thats cool, honesty is the best policy. Im probably going to put it on ebay with no reserve and let it run for 30 days. What will be will be :) like everybody my van is easily worth 48k but im willing to let her go for cheap

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hobbyhorse your valuation was just slightly off. I took £6000 for the van (no tax) and £1600 for the pod. First person to view bought it.
Its been a month and i'm now looking for another T4 lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts