VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

The van i bought earlier this year has the stock speakers and a dodgy dvd/cd/mp3 stero thing. You cant see the display during the day, the raido has next to no reception and the controls are pealing off.

So im looking to upgrade to a half decent stereo and some speakers with a little more umph! I don't really want to get into subs and amps but want something fairly good / reasonable.

Are there any simple to upgrade suggestions?

thanks.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Have a look through the JVC Double Din range. They're good quality head units with more than enough pre-outs and a lot of them can be colour changed to match the OEM dial colours.

·
Registered
74 Posts
go for some component speaker system system with separate tweeters on the dash, the speakers in the doors are not up to much
They seem to resonate in the mid range, replace with some new ones and use an MDF baffle etc well worth the effort .

·
Registered
71 Posts
ive got one of the jvc double din units. have to say awsome piece of kit and as said above can be colour changed to match the dials so perfect. having said that the angle of the headunit means you can see the display during the day although i feel that would be the same for 99% of headunits out there unless you can get a touch screen dvd player with adjaustable screen angle but that will be lots of pennies. my jvc was 169.99 with 3 sets of preouts, 2 usb's, aux in and handsfree bluetooth. cant really ask for more for the money. controls amps for the rear 6x9's and subs and runs the standard speakers up front with suprisingly good sound quality and as much volume as either myself or my friends can handle. also with the aux input i can connect up my tv for some rather impressive dvd watching or just the F1 on a sunday ;)

any questions as to hiding amps, or running with/without them feel free to pm as have done rather a few installs over the years I:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts