VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after changing the "glowplugs" today i have now had the fun of fuel ing all over the road. checked to see if i had disturbed a fuel line or suchlike, only to discover the top seal on the fuel injector pump has blown :eek::eek::eek::eek:. i havent even gone anywhere near it with a spanner wtf. i now have a van stuck on the road and nowhere to put it. if there is anyone out in poole who knows for a pump i can get reconditioned and a reasonable garage who will change the pump.

please help

i am about to just say f**K it and buy a ford

the van is an early k plate

engine number 3
puel pump soon to be number 3
alternator number 5

and only 20k done in the last 2 years

now you can feel my pain

i'm going back to t2's at least you can repair them on the side of the road with a piece of elastic and some chewing gum

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
if you mean the throttle spindle seal its just an o ring nothing special or you can get a whole seal kit from a bosch centre for a few quid any diesel mech should sort it easy

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeh already done that on the last one but the wear on this one looks pretty impressive

just don't want to be in the same situation as last time. got the kit changed the o ring and still ing out

oh i miss my last home with a nice dry garage and no minus 5 wind chill blowing across your face

is their a bosch fuel place in poole?

cheers

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
bosch for poole comes up with

E.D. RCJ (Poole) .Address 25 Newtown Business Park
Ringwood Road
Poole
Dorset
BH12 3LL

the bush where the spindle goes into is an easy change if its that worn