VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all *<:)>

Looks like my 2000 1.9TD has developed a loss of power over the last month or so and not sure why :*
Its mainly when she's cold and the "choke" doesn't really seem to make any difference. Accelerator is not very responsive until warmed up.
She's done £124K so I was wondering if she may be clogged up?? although she was serviced not all that long ago.
Is there an EGR on this model that could do with a clean up or by-pass??
She sounds a bit sucky through the air filter as well (???).
Any pointers would be a great help.
Thanks guys

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think I've found the problem!!!!!!
Flicked the accelerator unit actually inside the engine bay and although not as responsive as it should be (WD40??), then the engine responds/revs quite quickly. However, using the accelerator peddle produces very little/delayed response. The plastic unit that sticks out from the bulkhead into the engine bay is also very "flexible" or loose at the bulkhead. Clearly there is a problem with something at this position.
(not sure why it should be particularly noticeable when cold??? :*)
Have just ordered a workshop manual (useful, duh!!!) to see if I can work out what the problem is, but if anyone could offer some advice it would be appreciated.

Cheers guys.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks fella.
Thought this might be the case as a mate of mine adjusted the cable yesterday and she's not too bad now!!!

Cheers T:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts