VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi it has happend 3 times now,all on motorway journeys and on the way home.I would be quite happerly cruising at 70-80 then all of a sudden the power starts to drop.foot flat on the floor 40 mph!!!which on a dark motorway is quite scarey!!i pull over for about 10 mins and seams better.i have changed the pipe from the intercooler to the turbo,there is wear on the outlet of the inercooler,it just seams stange the way it happens so suddenly!!any ideas would be appreciated cheers !!i have an 04 1.9 tdi

·
Registered
731 Posts
You need to get it scanned for fault codes which will be stored as your van is going into limp mode when it loses power. Your van will return to normal by switching off and re starting which resets the limp mode.
Many a reason why this could be happening hence a session with VCDS is your next step.
Do some reading up on here re limp mode issues.

·
Registered
731 Posts
You need VCDS / VAGCOM or similar plugged in. Don't know what RAC plugged in but I will guarantee there will be faults registered in ECU if your vans been into limp mode, which from what your saying I'm pretty sure it is.
Put a shout out for someone local to you with VCDS who will read it for you. I've got VCDS and would happily have a look but no good as I'm in Leeds.
Some on here get cheap leads on ebay and download VCDS lite software. Have a read up. I've no experience of this myself as mine is full genuine version.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've got a similar issue, have just bought an ebay fault cable kit, will check mine tonight, and let you know if the fault shows-up!
P

·
Registered
124 Posts
For what its worth then, mine shows a 16619 Boost pressure regulation range not reached, so I'm guessing either a pressure sensor or valve issue.
P

·
Pendle Performance Main Agent
1,135 Posts
16619/P0235/000565 - Boost Pressure: Regulation Range not Reached

Possible Symptoms
Reduced power output
Limp mode

Possible Causes
Hoses/Pipes incorrect connected, disconnected, blocked or leaking
Charger Pressure Control defective Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75) defective

Turbocharger defective

Possible Solutions
Check Hoses/Pipes to/between Components
Check Charge Pressure Control Check Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75)

Check turbocharger

·
Registered
124 Posts
Many thanks for the possible causes, I'll check all the hoses, if I don't find anything I may darken your doorstep!
(Although the vans off the road for the Winter, so it won't be until the sun comes out (in theory) again.
Cheers
P

·
Registered
731 Posts
Many thanks for the possible causes, I'll check all the hoses, if I don't find anything I may darken your doorstep!
(Although the vans off the road for the Winter, so it won't be until the sun comes out (in theory) again.
Cheers
P
Your going to park it up all winter! Then you will prob have more than this issue come spring. These vans and vehicles in general don't like not being run. Far to many seals / rubber parts etc to dry out and fail come spring. :eek:

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Sounds like classic overboost symptoms, get your hands in on the end of the turbo actuator rod and try and press the actuator towards the rear of the vehicle. If it moves smoothly without anything but spring resistance then check for air leaks at the hose couplings and check your intercooler for bulging or splits . If it doesn't move smoothly the you have a build up of carbon on the vanes inside the turbo, options are remove and clean the vanes and moving parts, buy a replacement vane kit on eBay from a guy that sells them in Lithuania or replace with a new or refurbished turbo.

·
Registered
134 Posts
check all of the your vacuum lines. It could be you have a vacuum leak. There is a small pipe going from the vacuum pump which can easily be knocked off...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts