VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says !

What a waste of time they are........heres how the story goes........

Went away for a couple of days with the missus for valentines, first day was superb lovely meal and four poster bed in a manor house in kent, could not fault itT:
Got up on tuesday morning and decided to spend the day in cantebury. set off 10 mins down the road found a camper sales place with some t4s , so decided to have a quick look. Then it went wrong !!!

Van would not start, turned over then cut back out, presuming the worst we called the RAC. After an hour he turned up and had all the fuse box out, connected his trusty computer and............computer said NOoooooo ! An hour of him fiddling about he said " I know a VW place other side of canterbury, I will take you there and they will find the problem" so of we went on a tow bar through the town center with no power stearing :eek:

Arrived at the VW place 30 mins later and they agreed to have a look. 1hour later it went into there garage and we sat with a cuppa.
2 hours on and 3 cups of tea later the mechanic came out and said " I have tried everything i can but my computer keeps saying noooooo. I cant find the fault you need to go to a commercial vw workshop" thinking the worse and trying to remember how much money i still had in my bank account i called the RAC. They said "we cant take you back as you were dropped of at a garage !" I argued for 20mins with a dope of a women trying to tell her it wasnt our choice to be dropped at the garage and we cant get home !

After 30mins they agreed to pick us up........so away we went with my baby on the back of a truck during rush hour :(

It was parked at the father in laws house and we got a lift home, by the time we got back it was 9.45pm and ing down!!!!!

So i went over there today to have a look in the daylight and see if i could do anything, bearing in mind im a publican not a mechanicI:

Got there at 2.30pm by 2.40pm it was up and running :cool:

What was the problem that all this technology could not find I hear you ask ?

A 15amp fuse !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF !!!!!!!!!!!!!

The world is going mad Rasp:

·
Registered
357 Posts
jesus christ almighty :) No way,what a bunch of plonkers,what was the fuse off?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jesus christ almighty :) No way,what a bunch of plonkers,what was the fuse off?
To be honest i never even checkedI: I just went through the fuses found the blown one and changed it over H:

I now have a nice selection of spare fuses in my glove box though !T:

·
Registered
90 Posts
and now you know your van has feelings Dont go looking round other vans H:H:their temprementaleLOL:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Their are some good old school guys out their the most youngsters ( not all ) unless they can plug a computer in and it tells them exactly whats wrong they are lost makes me wonder if they can think on ther own . I work for a tractor dealer and was tought by a old guy he always drummed it in to me to check the easy stuff first . like if the hydraulics dont work check the oil if it wont start check battery voltage & so on You assume nothing and work trough from the begining
rant over nice to hear you got her sorted T:

·
Registered
357 Posts
true that is,the geezer i use for 99 percent of my stuff is an old skool mechanic about 60 with a fag hanging out of his mouth constantly,always helpful and wont take any money for a fortnight after he has fixed it. He truly is the best mechanic i have ever come into contact with. Nothing has ever stumped him and he is cheap,only charged me 170 for a waterpump and cambelt change :)

·
Registered
518 Posts
Mate join the AA too they are much better if u need prices give me a shout will give u a website they are a much better breakdown servicebso much more helpful T:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts