VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats right, had a clicking noise, followed by some vibration and a louder noise... I'd lost a wheel nut and two others were finger tight! I had new tyres fitted a couple of weeks ago, checked all the other wheels and they are ok... just need some advice before going to the fitters to have a moan, should I have checked/tighten them? Would an incorrectly balanced wheel have caused this? Is my wheel now shot? :(

·
Registered
130 Posts
You will usually find the small print in the paper work says - you should check & torque the nuts after 100 miles, however, how may people actually do this & is that reasonable ?

Nothing to stop you giving them some feedback , for all you know they may be greatful for it, if they have a duff fitter they are trying to get rid of I:

Never heard of a nuts working loose as result of unbalance wheel, although in theory it's possible. Would suggest you get wheel checked out professionally for permanent damage.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
I had a case of wheel nuts working loose from the vibration of a knackered CV joint. The tyre place I use always advise me to pop back a week later to have wheel bolts re-torqued. Check your wheel for damage (oval-ing of the bolt holes and spigot holes, damage to where the bolt head tightens against.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts