VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wired in an amp to drive my rear speakers but the volume seems a bit low? Is there any way of turning it up? :confused:

On another note, if the amp is wired directly to the battery will it drain the battery when the van is parked up?

Thanks T:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
What amp and speakers?

The power won't drain if you have the remote wired in from the head unit.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kenwood head unit KDC-5047U and amp KAC-846
Speakers are Inphase XTC 570 (odd size but fitted the space)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Amps normally have a dial on them marked "gain" Turn this up until you get the volume you want, but with no hissing/humming.

If you use the amps power sensing lead to activate the amp then it will be fine. If you wire that lead directly to your battery then you will drain it as the amp will be on all the time

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.
I have connected the blue RC lead from the head unit to the amp but there is only an option on the head unit to switch the SW on/off.
No gain dial on the amp? :confused:
There is a filter switch EPF-OFF-HPF and then a frequency dial if HPF is selected.
The other dial is Sensitivity Input, and then there is a switch Stereo-L&R-Mono.
However, I also discovered that as the head unit has 3 outputs, SW, Front and Rear, and the amp is plugged into the rear connections if I adjust the fader to the rear the speakers off the amp get louder, hey presto! T:
Perhaps not quite the exact control I was after but moving in the right direction.
Thanks again, all part of the learning curve....

·
Registered
82 Posts
You have the blue lead wired correctly. When you switch the head unit off, the amp will also turn off.

As said above - the Input sensitivity will adjust the volume too....

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
None of us ever know anything until someone else that has been educated by someone else tells you in one way shape or form.

Very few people are pioneers, although I think all of the pioneers that were ever born, are on this forum at times.

Glad you sorted.

Enjoy T:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts