VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had a Stealth Roof fitted by Low Life?

I'm planning to visit them next weekend to have a look at a fitted roof as long as they have a demo / customer van available, but I can't find any reviews anywhere.

https://www.low-life.co.uk/product-page/copy-of-low-life-stealth-roof-t6-lwb

As it's potentially a large amount of money that I am going to spend it would be good to hear about any experience with the company and roof from previous customers.

Thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I had a look into these before I had my roof done (hilo in the end). They are quite similar to the hilo, the obvious difference is the stealths hinges are on the inside of the canvas and it's CRP instead of GRP. Hilo also now offer a CRP option however I chatted to a few fitters and was informed that it wouldn't be an option for long as they didn't work out, they don't mould into shape the same as GRP and it's difficult to get the shape of the OEM roof right - I don't know how much truth there is in that. I was also told that due to the similarities and the patents and registered designs on the hilo that the lowlife stealth wouldn't be around for long - again don't know how much truth is in that.

For me, I went with the hilo as it's gone through it's teething problem stage and they're now being fitted daily. It's also tested to M1 standard.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to try and have a look at a HiLo this weekend.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.