VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a LWB T30 which was converted by Camper King, it now rides low at the rear compared to the front. I didn't realise the conversion would make so much difference, but it does!

I'm looking at upgrading the rear springs to T32 ones, in the hope it levels things up.

Does anybody know if this will work?

Also, are the T32 SWB springs the same as the LWB versions? I ask because I know someone with some for sale.

Thanks

Jim

·
Registered
238 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
I was trying to talk myself out of full air suspension ?

Air-assist looks good, anyone have any recommendstions?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Squeegy, but they only alter the spring rate, I need to raise the rear to match the front. The T32 springs being stiffer should do this to a point but I'm not sure it will be enough.

Also, I've been offered a set of T32 springs from a SWB van, mine is LWB, and I'm concerned that the SWB springs might not be the same as the LWB versions because the SWB is a lighter van.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Although camper conversions can be heavy a T30 should not sit that low when loaded.

Could your existing springs be knackered or broken ? - the "pigtails" on the springs are prone to breaking off which will tend to lower the back end.

Have a good look before you decide which way to go.

You could always try the T32 springs - easy "driveway" job with a decent jack & axel stands - around an hour.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts