VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Been out in van today and all good. Just gone back out and has no power at low revs. Struggles to pick up speed, once say in 3rd doing 40 the turbo kicks in and off we go again untill I change up a gear and struggles again till the revs slowly move up. I put £20 of shell fuel in just to see if helps.

I have noticed the engine still revs slightly when foot is off accelerator and when I pushed pedal with hand, there is nothing for about 1/3 of a pedal then picks up slowly.

Any help towards what it could be would be greatT: thank you

·
Registered
823 Posts
Sounds like slack in your accelerator pedal. The 1.9 td has that awful throttle damper thingy too; I'd recommend disconnecting that baby.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Think i have sorted thisT: pressing the throttle pedal was not giving much response at the pump. So I used some wd40 on the exposed cable and behind the rubber boot at the top while the pedal was been pumped. It now all moves freely and engine is picking up to speed better than ever. I was rather concerned that it was more serious so I'm happy chappy:D thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am having the exact same issue yet I'm not in the slightest bit mechanically minded. If you where to help me out I would be very thankfull

Cheers wade

1 - 4 of 4 Posts