VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Low voltage at boost solenoid, none at EGR

389 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  tallpaullewis 
#1 ·
2004 2.5 ACV

I've just had a considerable amount of engine work done to my Caravelle. It drives fine but feels down on power. The garage say there is an electrical problem somewhere related to some non standard wiring modifications which have been done. They can fault find and fix it, but since I have just spent many thousands I would prefer I asked people in the community for some leads, to keep the cost down, they are happy to work like that.

So...
  • Van throws error codes on EGR solenoid, turbo solenoid and fuel cut off. EGR gets 0v, turbo 3.6v, performance is lower as turbo solenoid is not getting enough power. EGR valve has been removed entirely so that's not an issue.
  • There is a blown fuse (under the bonnet I think). If that is replaced then all the voltages are correct, the error codes aren't present, but the van will not start. Remove it and the van starts.
  • The fuse box has a missing relay which has been bridged. Possibly something to do with the immobiliser. I'll attach a pic. I tried to start the van with a surf key (to test the immobiliser) and it doesn't start.
The van drives fine albeit with slightly more leisurely performance. It has been a pain starting from cold but has always started.

Does anyone know why this would have been done or just wtf is going on?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.