VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i will use my limited mechanical knowledge and try and explain whats happening, the front lower suspension arm is sliding forward under braking and hitting the bit that it attaches to. I.e. not the wheel side but as it goes under and splits to the "y" piece. I know its knackered but do i replace the bushes or do i replace the whole arm? i do i go back to the drawing board and try and explain this a little better.

T5 front off side.

Any help i would appreciate it thanks.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Bushes are a tenner each, two per side. Requires a hydraulic press to fit them. I think a lot of indie garages will press the bushes into the removed wishbone if you take it into them, maybe only a tenner. A lot cheaper than a complete new wishbone. It's probably worth doing both sides at the same time.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bushes are a tenner each, two per side. Requires a hydraulic press to fit them. I think a lot of indie garages will press the bushes into the removed wishbone if you take it into them, maybe only a tenner. A lot cheaper than a complete new wishbone. It's probably worth doing both sides at the same time.
Thanks for replying sounds like a plan, !

·
Registered
430 Posts
Make sure you already have genuine arms. I tried to replace bushes and they were different sizes on each side. Turns out one was an aftermarket arm. Wasted lots of time and van was then stuck in garage waiting parts. Luckily it was a mates garage who got me two complete new arms In the end.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Vital snippet thanks, i managed to get hold of a complete new arm for a good price so just going to replace the lot as my self and my dad VW tech can do it at home.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts