VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
parts turning up at weekend,any one konw how to remove lower front grill,one below main radiator,need to get plastic out of colour coded bumper,hope this makes sense,cheers all

·
Super Moderator
5,169 Posts
You have to cut it out as it's stuck in:eek:

Take the bumper off and you'll see what I mean by looking at the reverse of it.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Does anyone know if you can buy this grill or do you have to buy a new bumper if it's damaged ?
I am after a second hand bumper to fit a spoiler to so I don't have the van off the road while I fit it, it seams the only bumpers on eBay have this grill broken :*
no you can't mate its part of the bumper:(

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looks like jigsaws coming out to fit mesh inserts then,gonna need a steady hand as allready colour coded.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
i've just bought a bumper(2nd hand) to get re sprayed and fitted, and found out the lower centre grill is not one you can just pop out.
is it possibe to cut all the melted plastic tabs to remove it, then just glue it back in at the end once it's been resprayed?
it's already been masked around and sprayed , but they have done a **** job and theres paint buildup and lumps, and edges where it will start to peel later on. i don't want to have to do that when I get it sprayed to go on my van!

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
I'd say yes it's possible, mine appears to have had a respray front end with the same issues you have, will be looking to tidy mine up at some point.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
I removed the grill today, I managed to leave most of the clips on, I just used a stanley knife to cut away the mushroomed part of plastic. annonyingly you need to remove the top part (which is like some sort of reinforcement bar) to gain access to the top row of tabs on the grill. that seemed to take the longest amount of time!
New photo by Stuart Fenwick
in theory it will just clip back in once the bumper has been resprayed, then I will melt the tabs back down to hold it in place

1 - 12 of 12 Posts