VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello there dudes , im a t4 virgin had big engine'd cars most of my life and im transferring over to the dark side! I was woundering how easy it is to get the tranny on its ****? i heard theyr on leaf springs? also any obvs signs to look for when viewing one as im going to see one on the weeknd. thanks

nathan

·
Registered
232 Posts
do a forum search on lowering..You'll find loads of info on lowering and what to look out for.Ive got a 2.4 lWB.Alot say they are gutless which i agree with but when it gets there it will sat at 80 all day long..its a van...whats 'gutless'?....

Lowering....wind down the front on 2 nuts behind the fuel tank...EASY!!...the rear...if your not planning on towing or carrying loads of kak in the back...85mm springs from t4'r us.Pop outrear springs,insert lowered ones..job done...You will need shorter shocks tho!..You could also change the spring mounts for thinner ones as this gains another few mm.

Things to watch out for...Im no expert but Id say....Look out for 'jumping out of gear'..a recon box will set you back around 600 quid! As with all things with an engine Im sure there are loads more and the helpfull people on this forum will see you rightT: Im new to the site and have been helped out no endA:

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
vauxhall corsa springs lower it 120mm running them on the back of mine, just need to trim the top pigtail slightly, good luck

·
Registered
372 Posts
if your going to load up the back with bed/storage/etc,etc, do that first other wise it will be reeaally dragging its ****.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Nathan, are you talking about a transit or t5 becuase i read that as you are getting a transit!
sorry for the swearing:confused:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lowered it week's ago , no probs guys thanks :)

hobb's i meant tranny as in transporter! lol ;) you know i got a t4

1 - 6 of 6 Posts