VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody direct me to a link with pictures on how to replace some springs in the rear because I wanted to have ago at it tomorrow so some advice would be helpful
thanks stu

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
its really easy,theres 2 bolts on the rear shocker top and bottom i just use the top one

jack van up and let rear wheel swing down a little but still keeping it on the ground a little,you can then see the top bolt located on the rear inner arch behind the tyre,unbolt the bolt and then jack up a little bit more and pop the spring out,fit new one then lower a little on the jack and refit the bolt,same other side obviously

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have just dropped in a set of 55's springs in the rear and now looking at the van the roof line looks nice and horizontal all the way through but the gaps between the tyres and the wheel arches front and back are quite a bit of difference I know I have got to adjust the front's but I like the look of it sitting nice and level and not nose pointing down I don't know if there is anything I can do any suggestions ???

stu

1 - 6 of 6 Posts