VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking to lower my T5 lwb T32 09 plate, 172k, my budget is around 500 pounds. So I was thinking what would be a good solution?

I have looked into H & R springs but if i get these I would like to change the shocks as well, so wanted to know which shocks would suit the springs?

I probably need to sit in a van with Hand R springs and see what it rides like ?

Its a daily driver/ family/ taking green waste to the tip and camping ( just a removable bed) vehicle so don't want anything harsh and banging over potholes etc.. I would like to probably drop it 40mm but be able to enjoy the ride as well.

Wheels wise I'm running the standard 17' steel wheel with 215/60/ 17c, would like the 'euro' look

Any advice appreciated please chaps !

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think I am going to go for the H and Springs and set of new B4 dampers.

Can anyone recommend if I need any other bits and also if anyone is running this config ?

cheers !

·
Registered
80 Posts
Change the top shock mount and bearing. I'm on coilovers and the ride is firm but pretty comfortable. Using Pro Sport 3000 shocks and springs up front but using standard shocks with lowered springs on the rear

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just the fronts ?

Where can I get the part numbers for these parts please ( and parts in general)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just the fronts ?

Where can I get the part numbers for these parts please ( and parts in general)
After removing the front strut you will have a rubber bush,alloy plate and a bearing. Replace the bush on top and the bearing underneath.
If you go to your local motor factor they will supply the parts or speak to someone at GSF or Eurocarparts.

While you've got the front end in bits check for wear in all ball joints and anti roll bar bushes. It's not easy to remove the anti roll bar and lower ball joints as they are held in with a multi spline bolt. I replaced mine with a normal 19mm hex head bolt.
M12 Metric fine if your wondering.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts