VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I’ve had a look in the forums regarding lowering, but it can be quite confusing. Can anybody help, I have a T5.1 full camper conversion and looking at lowering it. I have 20” 275 40 wheels. I assume it’s on standard springs, the height from centre of wheel to arch is, front 445 and 415 rear. I’d like to lowering it and level the rear sag as well. I’m thinking of 35-40mm lowering springs. If I lower it by this much will the rear sag level up with new springs? Will I have any issues with the tryres rubbing?

This is the front wheel
4BAD0926-0A67-475B-AEB1-7224270FCBE9.jpeg

This is the rear
8FDDFDFE-E75D-42CF-912B-9306F5AE2D07.jpeg

Any advice would be much appreciated

·
Super Moderator
5,358 Posts
I would suggest looking at Coilovers instead of just springs. This way you can finely tune each corner until your happy with its position

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
You have to also consider hold old or tired your original shocks are .
Its anyones guess what it'll do with new springs on but you dont really wanna be paying out to do the job twice if you dont have to .

·
140 DSG Shuttle SE full Camper
2,328 Posts
Where are your water tanks, I lowered ours 40mm all round but the first time we went away the water tank in front of the spare wheel bottomed out down a rough road a couple of times so I decided that was a non starter & put the back up again and just left the front lowered.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts