VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to lower my T5 1.9 on its standard wheels (at the mo, new profile and alloys in the future when funds allow). Would like to drop at least 50mm. I'm not mechanical so i need either to buy the bits and get them fitted or go somewhere they can do the whole job. Can anyone recommend somewhere GOOD. Willing to travel a bit if need be. New to scene so any advice or comments welcome. Howard

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
SCA will do it for you bud and will probably be able to get you some springs. They will probably charge the earth but its the only place around here to get it done. Second option is to take it to a back street garage with your springs in hand and get them to fit them. You will have to go to SCA anyway to have the suspension set up so you don't destroy tyres.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that Jim, thought they might be the only place...........unless anyone knows different. :ILU:

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
Any person with any common sense and some spring compressors can fit them to your struts so its worth calling around the back street dealers. Norwich vans are reasonable and will do you a good deal if you mention the forum and speak to Peter! SCA are normally quite good value for the 4 wheel alignment side when you've had them fitted. Its the only place i would recommend because they have all the proper gear to set up the camber and toe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts