VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a weekend of work I now have an all most finished the lowline to highline dashpod upgrade.

Before: Lowline dash

New and old:

The new highline dashpod with MFA/DIS computer

I still need to add the wires from the wiper stalk to the dash pod and there also the radio information wires needs adding.

So far I have Coded the dashpod in with the correct chassis number, All keys are coded into the immobiliser, the software coding has been set for twin door with rear door and options and the mileage has been kept correct :D

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
how did you remove the clocks guys,i want to put chrome rings on,nowing my luck would break the screen. oh look good bothT::ILU:

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
how did you remove the clocks guys,i want to put chrome rings on,nowing my luck would break the screen. oh look good bothT::ILU:
Lye on your back look up under dash 2x torx screws and they just pull out. Then a few screws and the dashpod comes in 2 pieces your supplier of the rings will probably send you a how too sheet.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The chrome rings come as standard on the highline dashpod,

The dashpod is brand new from VW - I had been looking on Ebay but they fetch £200-250 for a second hand one

Costings:
Cruise control kit with MFA buttons: (Got this 2 years ago) was about £80
New highline dashpod £332 + VAT (there a £190 surcharge so the old unit has to go back - this might be rejected as my old dash is a lowline)
Then you need a wiring loom - (I still need to make this so will give some prices when it done)

·
Registered
485 Posts
How extensive are the wiring mods and when you're done will all the functions on the display work?

·
Registered
287 Posts
After a weekend of work I now have an all most finished the lowline to highline dashpod upgrade.

Before: Lowline dash

New and old:

The new highline dashpod with MFA/DIS computer

I still need to add the wires from the wiper stalk to the dash pod and there also the radio information wires needs adding.

So far I have Coded the dashpod in with the correct chassis number, All keys are coded into the immobiliser, the software coding has been set for twin door with rear door and options and the mileage has been kept correct :D
How did you do that I've messed with vagcom but it wanted a secret code. I managed to change them in to miles instead of kph but the immobilizer kicks in. HELP!!!

·
Registered
625 Posts
The chrome rings come as standard on the highline dashpod,

The dashpod is brand new from VW - I had been looking on Ebay but they fetch £200-250 for a second hand one

Costings:
Cruise control kit with MFA buttons: (Got this 2 years ago) was about £80
New highline dashpod £332 + VAT (there a £190 surcharge so the old unit has to go back - this might be rejected as my old dash is a lowline)
Then you need a wiring loom - (I still need to make this so will give some prices when it done)
Wow now that is a mod that i like, Now the dash on ebay would fit but wouldnt work in a 57plate T30 1.9 im guessing even if it was coded or whatever. Im going to get cruise control and is that needed for the dash as well??

Sorry more questions and yes a guide of how you did it would be great as i love that dash.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow now that is a mod that i like, Now the dash on ebay would fit but wouldnt work in a 57plate T30 1.9 im guessing even if it was coded or whatever. Im going to get cruise control and is that needed for the dash as well??

Sorry more questions and yes a guide of how you did it would be great as i love that dash.
They seem to change the canbus system at the end of 2006 to include more data on the system. So i'm sure the early dashpod wont work.

Cruise control is not needed but you have to change to the indicator/wiper switch to add the buttons for MFA if your going to buy a new switch why not get the switch with cruise control as well.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts