VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 446 Posts

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
That looks good with the bases painted, I'll have to do mine at some point I think (they're not even the same colour at the moment enyway). My mat was in a right state too, I didn't even attempt to clean it...

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
My mat still looks grubby (especially in that photo) but it is now actually really clean. They made it with a texture and embedded fleck that doesn't show it getting dirty as it started life looking filthy :confused:

Still trying to find a good cab mat for an LT/Sprinter with two single seats. I wanted to buy a Mega Van Mats mat as they are fantastic quality and well priced, but they don't make them :( I bet they would sell a few if they did as I bet loads of people would get one :)

Oh, after I took that picture, I took the bases off again so I could move all the electrics to the passenger side and keep the drivers clear for a probable Eberspacher installation. Not fitting a battery under the seats, so may as well get all the lumpy wiring there :)

·
8,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
So got the cab pretty well sorted apart from a nice floor mat :)

My pair of Ford Galaxy Seats installed, both with Swivels and Inner Comfort Armrests, and the drivers with seat height and lumber support adjustments.
Cab Seating Sorted by David, on Flickr

These are in very nice condition and am very pleased with them, with the total cost of the change from the basic standard 2+1 seats to these ones being £152 for seats and a base, plus 42 pence for washers to install T:

Drivers Seat in backwards mode.
Drivers Swivelled by David, on Flickr
This is a bit of a fiddle to turn round with the size and position of the steering wheel, so it is part-rorate, adjust seat back (I do tend to lean back due to orang-utang arms), slide seat, rotate some more ...
I can't see myself doing this unless stopping for a while, as opposed to just stopping for a cuppa

Passenger Seat in backwards mode.
Passenger Swivelled by David, on Flickr
This was a lot easier turning this one with no wheel to have to manoeuvre around. Just pull the swivel lever and spin it around :)

Now both of these still rotate outwards. It would be better maybe if they turned inwards as you could have them turned in towards each other a bit and a table between added.
I have yet to investigate deeper about removing the lugs that prevent inwards turning, but as mentioned before, there is a concern about compomising belt retainer strength if removing the lug, so I will see if it annoys me enough to modify (safely!)

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
My mat still looks grubby (especially in that photo) but it is now actually really clean. They made it with a texture and embedded fleck that doesn't show it getting dirty as it started life looking filthy :confused:

Still trying to find a good cab mat for an LT/Sprinter with two single seats. I wanted to buy a Mega Van Mats mat as they are fantastic quality and well priced, but they don't make them :( I bet they would sell a few if they did as I bet loads of people would get one :)

Oh, after I took that picture, I took the bases off again so I could move all the electrics to the passenger side and keep the drivers clear for a probable Eberspacher installation. Not fitting a battery under the seats, so may as well get all the lumpy wiring there :)
I got my cab mat from vanmats-uk, good fit and nice quality, but I have nothing to compare it with. Happy to show you if you're coming to Harewood (if you haven't got one by then!).

Just for the sake of discussion, and because I trawled through my ebay purchases to try and find the mat (wasn't off ebay as it turned out), I paid £35 with postage for my seat base.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Good progress there so far A:.

I recently ordered a front cab mat for my LT from Premier Products (Notts) Ltd.

Mine still has the double passenger seat fitted so will be a different shape to what you now require.

Quality seems OK, although I wish I'd ordered Grey instead of black - as it shows up ALL the dust and dirt now and I have to hoover it more often !

·
Registered
393 Posts
Megavan mats will make custom fit mats to order... I gave them a paper template for the rear of my van and got a perfect mat back in about a week. As you say - fantastic quality. It's worth calling them Hoovie

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
8,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Megavan mats will make custom fit mats to order... I gave them a paper template for the rear of my van and got a perfect mat back in about a week. As you say - fantastic quality. It's worth calling them Hoovie

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I did speak to them but kinda got fobbed off :* Asked if they did LT Mats ... No. Asked about Sprinter Mats (same cab) ... only double-passenger seat. Asked if they could do a custom one ... yes, but long delays.
I got the impression they just didn't want my business :(

I will possibly be calling them again once I have made some measurements as I still would like to buy from them as I know they can provide exactly what I want at the right price (assuming custom doesn't come with a big price hike), but will hold off until I see Alexs mat next month.

·
8,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
@hoovie I just got a mat off Harrisons trim on e bay, they do bespoke and seem very helpful
What kind of price was it?

What I would quite like - but am not in a position to order until the conversion is done - is a Cab Mat, plus matching step mats (seen them in a few pictures on the forum and they look good and add a touch of luxury I think) and a Rear removable mat/carpet. This is the bit that I have no idea on shape and size yet!
I fancied the MVM Mat as it seems such good value over the others, so willing to get one, even if it just became a spare later on.

·
8,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I will do so to get a price idea for a full set ( I can give them an approximate size for the rear at least) T:

Just checking eBay again and saw this .... VW LT 1996-2004 WALK THROUGH FULLY TAILORED BLACK CAR MATS + GREY TRIM
the right model and age range. the "Walk Through" implies 2 single front seats, and the shape (2nd photo) looks right.
For £14.99 posted, Think I will take a punt :D

·
8,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Bit of a saga on the speakers ... Hermes were the courier and every day for 6 days they were "arriving today".
Called Amazon to ask what was happening... they checked and said looked like delivery lost. So they processed a refund, but for the original price and not the prime day deal. So I paid £27 and was refunded £33 ;) . They also said that if the speakers did turn up, to keep them. Didn't think anything of that until a few hours later .....:D

Alpine 4" speakers now installed. Drilled holes to use mounts to fit. Not replaced covers yet as needed a clean (currently drying) but they do sound good T:

·
8,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Tried to wash the big old bugger yesterday ... getting to the roof is a right pain! Got one of those multi functional 13' ladders and even at the top of that in stepladder mode I can't really get to it properly :(
No wonder it it so mucky up there!
Not going to enjoy working on making fan holes and fitting solar on top I think :confused:

Now got the cab sorted to be usable, need to start on the surface rust repairs .... treating, priming and painting. Anyone know the paint code for a 2003 VW commercial in plain white? And would it be single-stage paint without any clear top coat?

·
8,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #58 (Edited)
I will do so to get a price idea for a full set ( I can give them an approximate size for the rear at least) T:

Just checking eBay again and saw this .... VW LT 1996-2004 WALK THROUGH FULLY TAILORED BLACK CAR MATS + GREY TRIM
the right model and age range. the "Walk Through" implies 2 single front seats, and the shape (2nd photo) looks right.
For £14.99 posted, Think I will take a punt :D
Right ... apart from being send the wrong mat (doesn't have a pass-through section, which is the bit I REALLY wanted), it looks like a good-value item T: the fit is good, the stitching looks well done. For under £15 posted out I would say it is a good buy and would recommend.
I have requested a replacement of course as I really need that passthrough section to cover the lack of OEM flooring after changing the seat, so let's hope the supplier deals with it properly, otherwise it will be refund time and they will loose out :(

Rickyroo ... I got the vendor list for my next show (VW Festival, Leeds, mid August) and I see Harrisons are also trading there, so will be chatting with them about custom mats T:

·
Registered
10,598 Posts
I bought a Sprinter one from Premier and cut out for the gear stick. Fits fine but not over impressed with the quality considering that I went for the De Luxe option.

·
8,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #60 (Edited)
This is Mat I got and put into place ...

Front Portion.
Front by David, on Flickr

Passthrough Section.
PassThrough by David, on Flickr

I cut up one of my old interlocking rubber mat tiles to infill the area exposed by swapping the double seat for a single.
UnderMat Infil by David, on Flickr
I will redo this better later, but in the meantime it will do the job fine :cool:

Mat available here - VW LT 1996-2004 WALK THROUGH FULLY TAILORED BLACK CAR MATS + GREY TRIM

This is made to the original VW/Sprinter Cab overmat pattern and for under £15 posted I am VERY happy with this.
I think once I have done the complete interior conversion, I will try to get a fully fitted carpet overlay for the front, but even if I have that, this will be a great overmat to help protect the fitted carpet so will stay in use.
As mentioned before, had a glitch with the wrong mat being sent, but absolutely no problem with a replacement gettting sent out, along with a pre-paid postage label to return the first one, so would recommend this seller totally as well A:

41 - 60 of 446 Posts