VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all,
I'm looking for some advice to help me upgrade the sounds in my T5 (06 with standard centre console) by replacing the OEM stereo and speakers. Ideally I would like a head unit with dab/dab+, Bluetooth and either an aux socket out front or a line in on the back to add one elsewhere. In terms of music playback most of my albums are digital now, either being on my phone, an MP3 player or Amazon music so it would be nice to be able to search etc through these using the head unit rather than my phone. Is this a thing or would you need to have the music on an SD card for this sort of functionality?
I’m not necessarily fussed by having maps on it as where my phone is suits me for navigation. That said, if this was “mirrored” (correct term?) onto the unit so a passenger could make adjustments for example that would be a handy function also. As far as having an optical drive goes on I’m a little torn. As previously stated most of my music is digital but every now and then it’s nice to dig out an old CD. No interest at all in it being able play video files/DVDs however the option for a reversing camera would be handy.
Speaker wise currently I just have the standard door and dash tweeters. I may re-purpose the door speakers for use in the back but it’s not a priority for now. While I’m at it it makes sense to soundproof the doors so would need to factor that into the cost too.
All told I have a budget of £400.

TIA :)

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Google absolute T5 he sells amazing speakers by Blam just awesome, i am sure you can pick up a used headunit off ebay (i got a super alpine unit for 50 quid) all you will need is the adapter to get it to work in the T5 do not bother with Halfords etc get one from Absolut T5

1 - 3 of 3 Posts